cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - Android 11 ETA

ZT-71508606
Star III
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN | Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147

Recently bought the phone to enjoy my games, but looks like all the users are awaiting for the Android 11 upgrade for a very long time.
I previously owned Pixel 4, which drags me further down (from 12 to 10), I badly request the admin and moderators to share the official ETA of Android 11 upgrade. With such huge fanbase and great phone hardware in our hands, its really frustrating to stay with old generation of SW.

Waiting for a positive response! 🤞
110 REPLIES 110

Mr_TylerDurden
Rising Star I
AVS

July first week ended, second week ended .. better directly do beta testing for Android 12 for rog 3 instead of rolling out stable android 11! Android 11 isn't that of a upgrade over A10 better go for A12, ( i know ppl will say beta happened till now , so? Just do beta testing for A12 better of that way than waiting for A11 that won't arrive)

View post
Yea they should scrap A11 release and focus on A12 ASAP (at least Next year we will get A12 installed in our devices)😜

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
You want Android 11. But the Rog 5. You want Android 12 wait for them to release Rog 6😁

AVS
Star III
ReaperZ_Wolf

You want Android 11. But the Rog 5. You want Android 12 wait for them to release Rog 6😁

View post
Haha, that's true ... I see ppl saying buy pixel if u want software updates fast.. i want Asus to do it fast too, u think gamers want to buy pixel phones .. rarely but they want raw performance. But * it doesn't mean we don't want software to its new release, sales of rog phone weren't anywhere low as they used to be, there's this much rog phone base. The software part of asus rog phone division is not able to keep up. 2 cases
1) Not enough allocation of resources for software dev( resources include man and machine)(man including all testing, development,bug resolve and all)
2) lethargic Dev's in software division( i don't want to believe this though may be true to some extent)
never say if u want software go for pixel, this is asus rog base , don't advertise them, Dev's will just ignore rog phone dev (just kidding)

Main base is gamers, so ppl will be happy for bug fixes than new software.. I agree to this. but not when the competition is already beta testing another gen android 😂.

* I will read all the opinions *

ronald1985
Community Legend I

AVS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176749#Comment_176749

Haha, that's true ... I see ppl saying buy pixel if u want software updates fast.. i want Asus to do it fast too, u think gamers want to buy pixel phones .. rarely but they want raw performance. But * it doesn't mean we don't want software to its new release, sales of rog phone weren't anywhere low as they used to be, there's this much rog phone base. The software part of asus rog phone division is not able to keep up. 2 cases

1) Not enough allocation of resources for software dev( resources include man and machine)(man including all testing, development,bug resolve and all)

2) lethargic Dev's in software division( i don't want to believe this though may be true to some extent)

never say if u want software go for pixel, this is asus rog base , don't advertise them, Dev's will just ignore rog phone dev (just kidding)

Main base is gamers, so ppl will be happy for bug fixes than new software.. I agree to this. but not when the competition is already beta testing another gen android 😂.

* I will read all the opinions *

View post
In contrast to what you are saying, Asus could be waiting for other manufacturers to update their devices to the latest Android and see how much issues would occur for the ROG series.
Zenfones seem to be ok with their updates and getting them pretty quickly.

AVS
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176873#Comment_176873

In contrast to what you are saying, Asus could be waiting for other manufacturers to update their devices to the latest Android and see how much issues would occur for the ROG series.

View post
I meant for Rog division of dev*