waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Just wondering what the best firmware/ROM is for Rog Phone 3 for battery life?
I'm on the latest software and battery live has reduced significantly. I'm happy to downgrade but would like to know which firmware/ROM gives best battery life? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
waxy78611

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: latest
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Just wondering what the best firmware/ROM is for Rog Phone 3 for battery life?

I'm on the latest software and battery live has reduced significantly. I'm happy to downgrade but would like to know which firmware/ROM gives best battery life? Thanks

Best ROM for Rog 3
Leaving stock kernel aside , stock rom is good enough
And whats up with the battery drain , can you explain with proper screenshots

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50736/best-rom-for-rog-3

Leaving stock kernel aside , stock rom is good enough

And whats up with the battery drain , can you explain with proper screenshots

View post
Yeah what I mean is which stock ROM? There's many different ones on Asus website. I've noticed battery drain has increased but I can't pinpoint which update has caused this. Any suggestions which stock ROM is best for battery life?

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176759#Comment_176759

Yeah what I mean is which stock ROM? There's many different ones on Asus website. I've noticed battery drain has increased but I can't pinpoint which update has caused this. Any suggestions which stock ROM is best for battery life?

View post
Thats why i asked you to explain the exact battery drain status with screenshots , you have to do some work to figure out whats wrong
Charge 100% every night and test with different scenarios
1) with airplane mode overnight drain
2) with wifi overnight drain
3) with mobile data overnight drain
Screenshots of battery for both at night when you sleep and of day when you wake up so that we can know the difference

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
Battery life has always been good for me with the whatever the latest stock ROM that is there at the time. Because i have a busy work week with no real free time for gaming, i easily get 3 days with the battery going from 90 to 30 percent ( those are kind of my set charging limits) with around 6 hours SOT.
For instance i have charged my phone yesterday to 90% (slow charging of course). After approx 24 hours later(which is now) i am on 72% with 1.75 hours SOT. So this phone seems to be set for more than 9 hours SOT easily without gaming. I am not considering games as all have different consumption so will be inconclusive in my opinion.