Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Fixes / Suggestions

defcomk
Star II
I have some camera fixes request.
48MP MODE FIXES:
1.) When in 48mp Mode it appears there is no CC13_BPS Calibrations so raws appear to be desaturated
2.) not sure if there is anything that can be done here but sometimes point the camera in a high DR Scene the black level shifts causing green, magenta and sometimes blue tints i had a similar bug on the moto G5+ it was caused by the in-sensor LSC Gain
3) Raws have Artifacts i dunno if there is an alternate remosaic mode  it pretty much renders 48mp raws unusable without needing to apply heavy noise reduction even in daylight .
4) poor linearization calibration 
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: REQUESTS
1)Separate Noise Profile Coefficients between 12 and 48mp mode while its the same sensor ive found imx586 behaves differently in these modes 
2)Intervalometer in Pro Mode
3)HDR10 Recording for 4K60/4K30
4) 4K60 via android_control_ae_target_fps_range instead opmode
5)EIS via  Android Camera 2  Video Stablization Key
6) reporting correct iso range and maximum analog iso currenty it reports 25-3200 analog 200 which is 100-12800 analog 800 internally analog iso is 6400 and digital about 1600 this should give range of 100-102400 or 25-25600
7) 3HDR/QBC HDR Snapshot Videos 3HDR+HDR10 would be awesome
8)in Nightmode i suggest switching from Average Binning to Sum Binning and lowering shutter to 1/4
9) When using 12MP on 3rd Party Apps AE Table doesnt drop below 1/30 making preview extremely dark in low light

10 REPLIES 10

GamerArc
Rising Star II
Ok....what exactly????

defcomk
Star II
Ok....what exactly????
Camera Engineers will understand

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
We'll pass back your suggestions to our camera engineers.

defcomk
Star II
CH_ASUS
We'll pass back your suggestions to our camera engineers.
View post
I Updated to .189 Rom and it seems to have issues with the black level Linearizion/BLS was changed but it got worse shadows sometimes appear magenta.

The Aux Camera OV13855 shows pdaf pixels in the raw images these appear to be dots in the blue channel of the raw image https://imgur.com/a/lDR9reR .

here is a crazy idea based on the iphone 11 120fps multiframe if you do QBC-HDR + 12MP @60FPS that would give you 6 ZSL HDR Frames for almost instant HDR+for stills and maybe video too
since 586 can do 4K at 90fps that would be 4frames for 4K60 and 9 frames for 4K30 /wishlist