Battery or AC: AC
Model: S15 Asus Vivobook model S532FA
Frequency of occurrence: Most of the time
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
Hi there,

My laptop speed over WIFI is remarkably slower than previously (at least over the last 4-12 weeks).

All smartphones speeds over WIFI are consistently good, another laptop in the house is consistently good (occasional stoppage for a few minutes once over two nights).

There is little to no noticeable difference in speed when using Nord VPN.

When using my mobile data hotspot it tends to speed up also.

I've attached a picture of the icons (looks like a compute screen with a T on the top left of the screen) that appear on the taskbar instead of the WIFI curves.
wifi-icon.png

I've also attached a picture of an internet speed test.
without-vpn.png
with-vpn.png

Please assist in speeding up my connection, as very frustrating.

Thank you,

OT
9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
oliverluketaylor
  1. System: W10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: S15 Asus Vivobook model S532FA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Most of the time
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

Hi there,

My laptop speed over WIFI is remarkably slower than previously (at least over the last 4-12 weeks).

All smartphones speeds over WIFI are consistently good, another laptop in the house is consistently good (occasional stoppage for a few minutes once over two nights).

I've attached a picture of the icons (looks like a compute screen with a T on the top left of the screen) that appear on the taskbar instead of the WIFI curves.

wifi-icon.png

without-vpn.png

with-vpn.png

Thank you,

OT

Internet over WIFI slower on laptop and faster on smartphones
@oliverluketaylor
Could you please tell me what's the internet speed in your home and what's the internet speed of other mobile devices? Have you tried to remove VPN or other applications that may affect the Internet? At the same time, I may suggest to try to update the wireless network card driver and test again. Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
oliverluketaylor
  1. System: W10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: S15 Asus Vivobook model S532FA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Most of the time
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

Hi there,

wifi-icon.png

without-vpn.png

with-vpn.png

Thank you,

OT

Internet over WIFI slower on laptop and faster on smartphones
whats the actual internet plan from your ISP like 50mbps or 100mbps, please conform again.

Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50707/internet-over-wifi-slower-on-laptop-and-faster-on-smart...

@oliverluketaylor

Could you please tell me what's the internet speed in your home and what's the internet speed of other mobile devices? Have you tried to remove VPN or other applications that may affect the Internet? At the same time, I may suggest to try to update the wireless network card driver and test again. Thank you.

View post
How do I find the speed for home and mobile, please?

Falcon_ASUS
oliverluketaylor

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176719#Comment_176719

How do I find the speed for home and mobile, please?

View post
@oliverluketaylor
Like other people's questions, you can confirm the request with your ISP first. Please install the software to test the speed separately on your mobile phone and computer. If you are sure that the internet speed of your mobile device is correct, the problem only occurs with laptop. I would suggest you try to remove the wireless network driver and reinstall it again. Thank you.