This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 update for Rog 3

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Asus, has come a long way into gaming device market as moderators always been replying that two major updates for Rog device is hard because it requires a lot of work & we are a small team. But again, considering the price we paid i guess every Rog device starting from Rog 2 should have two major android updates, i mean just because other gaming device are lacking in terms of software updates why you "Asus" team don't grab this opportunity and provide us 2 year android update instead of just 1 year.
We as a Rog phone user donot care if you take a long long time giving us the updates, as Asus unlike most brands prefer to only release something when its at most "stable" stage to use as a daily driver.
So Asus moderators here, please discuss these things with your senior level team as this will definitely increase your customers trust on ur products and will help you gain more and increase your customer base for even future products !!

14 REPLIES 14

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Roystoys

I thought we did get two years or major updates on all Asus phones. Am I mistaken? I know that they are as slow as a wet week but we should eventually get the second update

View post
Zenfone series will get 2 major os but not sure about Rog series because till now no Rog series device has received 2 os upgrades.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176671#Comment_176671

Please don't compare a Samsung flagship with an Asus flagship

It's unfair due to many factors

View post
I am not trying to compare them. What I'm trying to say is that we have a new phone that has the same operating system as one from 3 years ago. They have to wake up with the software in Asus

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Jesp.r

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176687#Comment_176687

I am not trying to compare them. What I'm trying to say is that we have a new phone that has the same operating system as one from 3 years ago. They have to wake up with the software in Asus

View post
Same operating system but a lot more features and more complex code
Samsung phones update faster since they copy paste their code,it's simple really
They don't have to worry about"airtriggers, lightning case,coolers,gamepads,twinview dock,armoury crate,gaming features and optimisations,soc performance options etc" working on the next Android version
Again,you can't compare simple and normal grade consumer phones to tech enthusiast filled with features and compatibilities gaming phone's
Not to mention how small the Asus mobile devision is compared to Samsung
And yes you compare them about pushing updates and you compare their os directly,so don't lie in front of everyone,it's clear on your texts

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176752#Comment_176752

Same operating system but a lot more features and more complex code

Samsung phones update faster since they copy paste their code,it's simple really

They don't have to worry about"airtriggers, lightning case,coolers,gamepads,twinview dock,armoury crate,gaming features and optimisations,soc performance options etc" working on the next Android version

Again,you can't compare simple and normal grade consumer phones to tech enthusiast filled with features and compatibilities gaming phone's

Not to mention how small the Asus mobile devision is compared to Samsung

And yes you compare them about pushing updates and you compare their os directly,so don't lie in front of everyone,it's clear on your texts

View post
I'm saying that a phone from three years ago has the same operating system as ours, which is from 2020. I don't care how complex the rog3 hardware is, that's not an excuse, Asus should give better software support. The smartphone can have Air triggers, LEDs, gamepad ... it can have whatever you want, if Asus sells it, Asus should be prepared for that, they shouldn't say "it's too complex" as an excuse. If they can't support a flagship phone, then don't build it. What is not normal, and I insist, is that we have the same operating system as a phone from 3 years ago (Samsung or another, I don't care about the brand). It is also absolutely absurd to compare them because the rog3 is better in all respects to the s9. I have both phones and I love my rog3, I know what I'm saying. I'm just trying to say that Asus should have better update support on their smartphones.