cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REGARDING CAMERA UPDATES

sankesh
Star III
Hi,
Asus 6z has one of the best camera hardware and the stock camera app at the moment is top notch.
What are the king of updates wrt camera that can be expected in the near future so that the full potential of the hardware can be achieved. and also addition features which can fully utilize the flip camera feature which is unique and has a lot of potential!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Hi,
Hardware is only 50% of camera performance. Google has proved this with their Pixel. We will improve the software but I can't tell you when.
You need to be more specific on what kind of features you're expecting?

sankesh
Star III
hi,
i was thinking small things like voice command or gesture to click pics like in lg, ar filters in camera wide angle in portrait . since asus has the best selfie camera filters like snapchat will be great.
Also is it possible to use wide angle camera while video calling in apps like whatsapp, duo, snapchat etc????
Thank you.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We have a very "easy to access" shutter timer. I guess a voice command would be easier in some specific scenarios where up to 10s delay isn't enough. You would still have to be within talking distance and without too much surrounding noise.
Good AR filters like those in snapchat are really expensive to develop and you can always save your photos from these apps.
It isn't possible to switch between lenses in other apps because what would cause a lot of bugs in those apps when you switch. I'm not going to use the word impossible but it would be very difficult and the end result could lag or have a loss in quality.

sankesh
Star III
OK, THANKS
WHAT ABOUT HAND GESTURES FOR CLICKING. LIKE IN LG AND NOW SAMSUNG DEVICES