sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS660KL, Global ROM
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2105.90_0
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: nil
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): nil
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello everyone I just wanted to know if any of you still use android 9. More importantly those who game on their phone PUBG, MLBB, CODM etc.
I am asking this because in Android 9 we can force a lot of games to run at a higher refresh rate. So maybe there's a possibility of running say CODM MP at 120fps which is actually supported on certain phones. Also MLBB can be run at 120 fps.
Last time I downgraded to Android 9 I only tried PUBG and idk why the performance was soo bad when set to 90fps. 60fps was fine.
So if anyone's still using A9 and game's on their phone I would appreciate your comments on this.
9 REPLIES 9

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Also Android 9 has slightly better battery life and is more fluid when running 120hz

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sauravshanbhogue

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS660KL, Global ROM
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2105.90_0
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: nil
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): nil

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello everyone I just wanted to know if any of you still use android 9. More importantly those who game on their phone PUBG, MLBB, CODM etc.

I am asking this because in Android 9 we can force a lot of games to run at a higher refresh rate. So maybe there's a possibility of running say CODM MP at 120fps which is actually supported on certain phones. Also MLBB can be run at 120 fps.

Last time I downgraded to Android 9 I only tried PUBG and idk why the performance was soo bad when set to 90fps. 60fps was fine.

So if anyone's still using A9 and game's on their phone I would appreciate your comments on this.

Android 9
The force refresh rate was taken off due to advantage over other players. You might be able to find old version of the firmware where this isn't patched.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50705/android-9

The force refresh rate was taken off due to advantage over other players. You might be able to find old version of the firmware where this isn't patched.

View post
Yes I am aware of that . All I need to do is downgrade to A9 right? Or was it available in any previous A10 build?
I had downgraded to A9 few months back and the performance of PUBG 90 fps was so bad on A9 .
Just wanna know if anyone's still on A9 and plays PUBG on 90 fps.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sauravshanbhogue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176615#Comment_176615

Yes I am aware of that . All I need to do is downgrade to A9 right? Or was it available in any previous A10 build?

I had downgraded to A9 few months back and the performance of PUBG 90 fps was so bad on A9 .

Just wanna know if anyone's still on A9 and plays PUBG on 90 fps.

View post
It would be on an earlier version of A9 (not the latest A9) prior to upgrading to A10.
Not sure about PUBG on A9 with 90FPS/RR.
What's wrong with A10 with 90FPS/RR? The game now has this option.