nakul696
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: WW_Phone-17.0240.2105.90
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: NA
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Let's be real, this phone was only nice until the first Android 10 update came in. Since then there have constant ups and downs with the updates and now, in just 1 year it's giving some serious problems like overheating and random restarting.
I live in India and here the phone's temperature reaches to 39-40 deg C. Apparently, that is enough for this to switch off. After tirelessly waiting for a decent update from Asus, I have almost given up.
Now I want to downgrade to Android 9 because that is the only time this phone felt stable. What do you all think about this choice? Is it a bad idea to do so since we're almost at Android 11?
And is there any official updated guide to do so?
@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Kris_ASUS
12 REPLIES 12

nakul696
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176111#Comment_176111

There have been many reports of people who didnt have warranty who still get free repair since it's a manufacturer defect, I assume it's some sort of extended warranty program.

As for bugs I don't see any bugs on Rog2 A10 that arent user caused.

View post
That's good to hear. I might visit a service center after all (provided they don't ask for 1 week to just check the problem and not fix it).
Also, there have been a LOT of bugs that are definitely not user caused! There have always been issues with video calling using BT earphones. It was recently fixed but since that update the overheating problem came up. Tbh, I highly doubt that it is just the chip's fault. My guess would be the unoptimized updated that literally caused unnecessary rise in the temperatures which eventually led to the failure.

Let's see what the Mods have to say about this.

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176111#Comment_176111

There have been many reports of people who didnt have warranty who still get free repair since it's a manufacturer defect, I assume it's some sort of extended warranty program.

As for bugs I don't see any bugs on Rog2 A10 that arent user caused.

View post
What about bluetooth connection problems? Or mic that started to occur with the last update?
Come on, this phone had always its problems to deal with.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mustafayolgiden

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176126#Comment_176126

What about bluetooth connection problems? Or mic that started to occur with the last update?

Come on, this phone had always its problems to deal with.

View post
I didnt see their new update that fked with the mic. That one is indeed stupid considering the fix still isnt out yet.