This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to run 2 ext monitors on UX330UA?

marym
Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: UX330UA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Win10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Is there ANY way to attach two external monitors to UX330UA and have them recognized as separate displays? Not looking for an HDMI splitter, all that does is replicate a single display on two monitors. USB-C on this laptop does apparently not support HDMI. Any other way to do it?
3 REPLIES 3

JarekM
Star II
Try docking station with external video adapter built in. For example something like "i-tec USB 3.0 Dual Docking Station HDMI DVI". Not suitable for gaming but for other usage good enough.

marym
Star I
JarekM

Try docking station with external video adapter built in. For example something like "i-tec USB 3.0 Dual Docking Station HDMI DVI". Not suitable for gaming but for other usage good enough.

View post
Thanks so much for the product rec! Just to be clear, by "not suitable for gaming" you mean that it won't give me a resolution that's good enough for game graphics, correct? I'm not thinking of that, just for being able to have a zoom call on one monitor and a bunch of ordinary windows open in the other.

JarekM
Star II
For games you may experience small lag. It's especially noticable when docking station is connected over usb 2. With typical "office" type of tasks and usb 3 I did not notice any problems. Once drivers installed (make sure you install proper drivers from vendor website) it worked seamlessly for years. Now, with new laptop, I switched to usb c dock.
There are many similar products from different vendors based on the same chipset with slightly different features. You have to investigate it for yourself....