This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenpad issues

tan_bisnar
Star I
Hi..I'm new here and not really the techy type, but hoping for answers.
I bought a zenbook 14 ux435EG just this May. Everything was fine but after some system updates from windows, I can't seem to tap on the apps on the screenpad.
When I turn on the laptop, the screenpad turns on, the apps can be seen, but when I try to tap or use the screen, it's as if the screenpad functions as a mere motion sensor. On screenpad mode (F6), what I get is a gray pointer instead. The mousepointer vanishes.
32 REPLIES 32

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Vasileios KK

Hi guys.

Please add me to the list.

I have a Zenbook ux435G. After updating my laptop with the recent windows update, I got the same bug. The screen pad can be switched on and the apps are visible on the screen. Yet, when you try to open the apps, they are not working though you can observe your "clicks" mirroring on the main screen.

Rebooting, terminating, and repairing/resetting the ScreenXpert app are not fixing the issue. It seems the new windows update is responsible for the buggy screen pad.

Hope a solution to be available so that we can enjoy our "special" feature.

View post
Hi there,
May I have a screenshot of your windows update history as well?
It would be great to compare as much information as possible to be more accurate.
Thank you so much.

djjsin
Star I
So glad I found this thread. This same thing is happening to me, and it's been driving me crazy. Reboots and reinstalling doesn't fit it. Just started happening at some point in July. Used to work fine. I have a UX435EG

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Does uninstall those latest Windows KB update bring the screenpad back to work?
Thank you.

edwardpodesta
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Does uninstall those latest Windows KB update bring the screenpad back to work?

Thank you.

View post
Nope, because I was advised to do a re-set of the system, and this means I can't roll back the KB update...

Vasileios_KK
Star II
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176320#Comment_176320

Hi there,

May I have a screenshot of your windows update history as well?

It would be great to compare as much information as possible to be more accurate.

Thank you so much.

View post

Hi Blake,

Thank you for the reply.
Please find below screenshots of windows update history log and ScreenXpert version.
Moreover. I would like to add that when I used my physical mouse, I was able to click on the screenpad apps and was able to open then. It seems that the ScreenXpert is working but the touch capabilities are disabled.

image.png
image.png