cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby battery drain

Salvatore
Star III
Hi,
i'm experiencing seriuos issue about battery, it's being constantly drained by cell standby with abnormal values. It's actually draining more than the display, that's unacceptable.
Can you please provide a fix/solution ?
Zenfone 8 - hardware and software details attached.
198183282-10226408916159167-3204847718508595170-n.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111801686.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111808710.jpg

123 REPLIES 123

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
For those of you who are getting poor suspend/Standby results overnight, (i.e. no device usage) , could you try not connecting to wifi for that duration - just mobile data.

Doing so, does it improve the overnight standby drain?

b_preslavski
Star III
I don't use wifi during the night and the drain is acceptable - around 3% from 100% for around 8 hours. The problem is afterwards(also without wifi). On my 30min drive to work sometimes I lose another 3%, just staying in my pocket...

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
b.preslavski

I don't use wifi during the night and the drain is acceptable - around 3% from 100% for around 8 hours. The problem is afterwards(also without wifi). On my 30min drive to work sometimes I lose another 3%, just staying in my pocket...

View post
If you are experiencing a good drain (3% overnight), and then 3% in 30min over-day.. but the main change is that your phone is "awaken" from doze/sleep - it generally means your apps are using the system. Which apps and why, is hard to tell (at times pretty much impossible) from the built in Android battery screen.. but it can provide some indication at least.

woody_ww
Star III
CH_ASUS

For those of you who are getting poor suspend/Standby results overnight, (i.e. no device usage) , could you try not connecting to wifi for that duration - just mobile data.

Doing so, does it improve the overnight standby drain?

View post
I always turn off both wifi and mobile data overnight. I could enable mobile data but that would probably make it worse.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
woody.ww

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176389#Comment_176389

I always turn off both wifi and mobile data overnight. I could enable mobile data but that would probably make it worse.

View post
Yes, dont but your graph (the first post) seems decent enough, being 1day8hrs on standby already.
While SOT isnt very high, the standby is quite long. It would seem most powerdraw happen from idle apps pinging.

If you turn off everything overnight, like you do, your overnight drain is approx how much % per hour?
(For example can be tested by taking a screenshot when going to bed. And turn on airplane mode pretty much, or turn off all data - wifi or mobile) - and then taking a screenshot again when waking up.
Taking note of the % gap and the time duration.