This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenpad issues

tan_bisnar
Star I
Hi..I'm new here and not really the techy type, but hoping for answers.
I bought a zenbook 14 ux435EG just this May. Everything was fine but after some system updates from windows, I can't seem to tap on the apps on the screenpad.
When I turn on the laptop, the screenpad turns on, the apps can be seen, but when I try to tap or use the screen, it's as if the screenpad functions as a mere motion sensor. On screenpad mode (F6), what I get is a gray pointer instead. The mousepointer vanishes.
32 REPLIES 32

edwardpodesta
Star I
To get ScreenXpert Version I typed 'screenxpert' into taskbar search, and right clicked, then selected settings. It's at the top of the settings page.

tan_bisnar
Star I
settings-13-07-2021-10-38-39-am.png
settings-13-07-2021-10-40-11-am.png
settings-13-07-2021-10-40-21-am.png
settings-13-07-2021-10-40-32-am.png
settings-13-07-2021-10-40-42-am.png
I have the same control interface and screenxpert version. 3.0.10.20 and 2.1.16.0.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Thank you all for the information.
I have reported them for further investigation.
So the issue stays the same even after rebooting and reinstalling all the driver?
[Notebook] How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly on my ASUS notebook...Thank you.

edwardpodesta
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Thank you all for the information.

I have reported them for further investigation.

So the issue stays the same even after rebooting and reinstalling all the driver?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041344/

Thank you.

View post
Hi Blake, yes after re-installation, rebooting, reinstalling drivers.

Vasileios_KK
Star II
Hi guys.
Please add me to the list.

I have a Zenbook ux435G. After updating my laptop with the recent windows update, I got the same bug. The screen pad can be switched on and the apps are visible on the screen. Yet, when you try to open the apps, they are not working though you can observe your "clicks" mirroring on the main screen.
Rebooting, terminating, and repairing/resetting the ScreenXpert app are not fixing the issue. It seems the new windows update is responsible for the buggy screen pad.
Hope a solution to be available so that we can enjoy our "special" feature.