cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 Telenor NO

svein_vidar
Star I
Hi
What's the status on VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 in Norway (Telenor)?
29 REPLIES 29

frode_nesvold
Star III
Have contacted Telenor regarding VoLTE support om Asus zenfone 8, and they claim that it will not be supported unless they start to sell the Zenfone 8 in the Telenor phone store.
I guess that will never happen unless Asus does something?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
frode.nesvold

But, VoLte for Telenor is on Asus roadmap for the Zenfone 8? Have Telenor been contacted?

I see that other providers in Norway are already supported, like Ice, so its strange that there's little push from Asus to get the biggest one on board.

View post
I dont believe the default assumption is to think Asus has "done little" to get Telenor onboard to help us.
It is usually the other way around.

From our Nordic team, Telia is supported in all 4 countries.
Tele 2 in Sweden. ICE in Norway.
Hi3G also enabled in Sweden and Denmark.
Elisa is under progress but not yet finalized.

It is pretty much Telenor left, and not enabled in any of the Nordic countries. I dont think the issue is that ASUS is rejecting Telenor here..

frode_nesvold
Star III
Contacted Telenor again, and they claim the it is up to Asus to enable VoLTE ( see attached screenshot from Telenor Facebook.)
They says that Telenor does not need to approve.

So Asus, please activate VoLTE for Telenor, really not want root my phone to enable it myself.
screenshot-20210712-202941994.jpg

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
frode.nesvold

Contacted Telenor again, and they claim the it is up to Asus to enable VoLTE ( see attached screenshot from Telenor Facebook.)

They says that Telenor does not need to approve.

So Asus, please activate VoLTE for Telenor, really not want root my phone to enable it myself.

screenshot-20210712-202941994.jpg

View post
ASUS loads the mbn settings , which we need to receive from Telenor.
There is no such thing as "we just do it".
We can use a default set of mbn and IMS settings for Telenor - but the chance of issues is very high.

As such operators and device manufacturers generally cowork together to ensure stability - we've done it with Telia, Tele2, Ice, Hi3G and coming up Elisa.
Telenor would not be different. Telenor's customer service agent may not have all the background information.

That being said, we are actively working towards this goal with them - the timeline however is very unsure.

zsolaliza
Star I
Szevasztok!
Gyerekek, a Vodafone után, a Telekom is bekapcsolta a VoLte hívást Magyarországon! Parádés a dolog! Mindenkinek ajánlom a kicsi Asust, mert minden téren vadállat a vas!!!