This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestion/request for improvement of the camera application

daveantonin
Star III
Can you please implement the following features in the camera application? 
possibility to select the function of holding down the shutter button - video/sequential shooting
take a photo by long-pressing the power button from lock screen
Fix saving photos in sequential shooting so that they display correctly in Google photos. Now all photos are displayed individually instead of in sequence, which is very unclear. 
Sequential shooting in RAW/64Mp
HDR video recording with 10b colors

Thank you for implementing at least some features that will improve the experience of this great device. 
14 REPLIES 14

cicagorio
Rising Star II
Not sure if this is doable, but what I would also like is that if when in the camera app long pressing volume up would trigger video recording and long pressing volume down would trigger burst shooting.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Elmir

Not sure if this is doable, but what I would also like is that if when in the camera app long pressing volume up would trigger video recording and long pressing volume down would trigger burst shooting.

View post
I suppose technically it is possible - but these type of changes are not likely to make it into an interim version update.
We actively collect feedback and then look at adding changes to major revisions where the is relevance or a lot of demand.

I would recommend everyone here to add your requests to the "Ideas for next" section.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48558/do-you-have-a-great-idea-for-the-zenfone-8-head-over-to...

moskwic
Star III
I have two request for camera app:
remove from photo file name: "P_" and use only date_time as file name, its simpler
add setting for smaller resolution, often i need quickly take a photo and send to company file server, but file size is too big
Thank you

tor_bjornebole2
Star II
This is a general suggestion for the camera's auto mode.
I'd like to have the exposure dialed back a bit. It seems to be consistently blowing out certain highlights. What you get in return is more visible/detailed shadows, but I'd be fine with sacrificing some of this instead of having detail loss in bright areas. I can mitigate some of this by manually adjusting the exposure slider, but it would be nice if it was automatic (or maybe customizable in the settings somehow, so that I don't need to manually adjust it for each photo).

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
moskwic

I have two request for camera app:

1. remove from photo file name: "P_" and use only date_time as file name, its simpler
  2. add setting for smaller resolution, often i need quickly take a photo and send to company file server, but file size is too big

Thank you

View post
Agree! Both options will be useful 🙂