This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenpad issues

tan_bisnar
Star I
Hi..I'm new here and not really the techy type, but hoping for answers.
I bought a zenbook 14 ux435EG just this May. Everything was fine but after some system updates from windows, I can't seem to tap on the apps on the screenpad.
When I turn on the laptop, the screenpad turns on, the apps can be seen, but when I try to tap or use the screen, it's as if the screenpad functions as a mere motion sensor. On screenpad mode (F6), what I get is a gray pointer instead. The mousepointer vanishes.
32 REPLIES 32

edwardpodesta
Star I
Now raised with level 2 tech, using chat, have sent them a video youtube link NDjiF4soEwo . Can see from comments there that this is a problem for others too. Windows update seems to have broken it. In

madesa
Star I
I having the same bug. Buy my zenbook UX435EG in june. After all upgrade the ScreenPad do not work correctly. The Normal Touchpad Mode work well, but with the Screenpad Mode it is impossible to switch on the Number Key and the Screenpad ist only useable "as Touchpad" with a underground like a Screenpad.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Can you share the full name of the Windows update or a screenshot of your Windows update history?
Also, what is your ASUS System Control Interface driver and Screen Xpert version?
Thank you.

yonahs25
Star I
image.png
image.png
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Can you share the full name of the Windows update or a screenshot of your Windows update history?

Also, what is your ASUS System Control Interface driver and Screen Xpert version?

Thank you.

View post
how do i check my screen xpert version?

edwardpodesta
Star I
image.png
image.png
image.png
Here you go :).