System: Asus TUF a15 (506II)
Battery or AC: both
Model: ryzen 5 4th gen and gtx 1650ti
Frequency of occurrence: frequent
Reset OS: windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have been using the Asus tuf a15 for the past 1 year recently I have been noticing that in armoury crate the GPU fan section shows 0 rpm but I can feel the air coming out of the laptop, when I test it using my Asus app it sometimes shows there may be something wrong with your fan but most of the time it shows that the fan is working correctly
image.png
but the problem is that under heavy loads the fans won't speed up causing heating
image.png

what my be the reason for this problem is it a software issue or a hardware one
30 REPLIES 30

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @onishah2469 ,
Please kindly open another thread and share some video or screenshot if you can.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @alwinmathew4 ,
Thank you for the two new video.
However, again, both are fine.
The video you post on July 10, it doesn't show your GPU status.
If your GPU is not working or in Power saving mode, then it is normal that the GPU fan is 0RPM.
The air flow can not be the indicator of your issue.

The video you post on July 11, there is no abnormal RPM.
If you have concern, can you point out the moment you want to emphasize?
Thank you.

alwinmathew4
Star III
@Blake_ASUS watch the last video i have given is it normal for a gpu fan to switch from 700 rpm to 1100 rpm then 2800rpm and back again like that.

When that happends if i play a game system gets thermal throttled fps would drop and the fan wont speed up
The mininum fan speed on my laptop is 2200rpm

For the asus tuf a15 model the gpu fan wont ever independently switch off my friend has the same laptop and this wont ever happen on his laptop

Either both fans are either at 0 rpm or both above 2200 rpm
There is definitely an issue this was not the fan behavior when i bought it

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
alwinmathew4

@Blake_ASUS watch the last video i have given is it normal for a gpu fan to switch from 700 rpm to 1100 rpm then 2800rpm and back again like that.

When that happends if i play a game system gets thermal throttled fps would drop and the fan wont speed up

The mininum fan speed on my laptop is 2200rpm

For the asus tuf a15 model the gpu fan wont ever independently switch off my friend has the same laptop and this wont ever happen on his laptop

Either both fans are either at 0 rpm or both above 2200 rpm

There is definitely an issue this was not the fan behavior when i bought it

View post
Because you set the device to performance mode, so yes, the GPU fan should be running fast,
but your GPU is actually not under heavy load or heating, so the fan does not need to run fast.
That's why it is showing something like you see, keep jumping between running and not running.
The minimum speed is 0 rpm by the way.
And you mentioned about game, again, seems like your game is not using the independent GPU.
Thank you.

alwinmathew4
Star III
@Blake_ASUS You are telling me that the fan is not spinning because there is no load on it, and the game is not running on the Nvidia GPU given below is the video showing otherwise.
I played rocket league I can confirm that the game is running on Nvidia GPU this video is the proof,
you can see that the temperature is going up on both the GPU as well as the CPU. Still, the GPU fan is at 0RPM
I had to stop playing because the keyboard was getting hot and I don't want to damage this laptop

Many other people are also commenting on this thread having the same problem which proves that it is in fact actually a problem many people face
image.png
In this screen shot the CPU fan is at 4100 rpm while the GPU fan is at 0 rpm (temps CPU = 74C, GPU = 71C) this is absolutely not optimal behaviour for any laptop

whatever you try to say this is not the normal behaviour for this laptop THIS IS NOT NORMAL!