cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

WaSyL
Star III
if it supported even HD Voice (AMR-WB) on 3G networks, it would be much much better. However reading comments on this forum or XDA shows it does not (for unknown reason).
Come on ASUS, act. This software issue ruins perfect phone!

Grzegorz__POLAN
Star II
pilch.mlody

Hi everyone,

I bought Zenfone 8 not knowing that the Asus flagship phone doesn't support current communication standards. Such a phone not supporting VoLTE and WiFi Calling in 2021? It's a joke. Calls quality is very poor and often broken, just unacceptable.

The second very disappointing thing is that the support team doesn't care about customers' concerns and they have been ignoring the problem for the last week or so. Come on! Just give us any update! Is a new firmware being prepared? How long do we have to wait for it? Apparently the last firmware was supposed to introduce missing features in Poland (Orange PL) but nothing improved. VoLTE and WiFi Calling is still unavailable even though the options appeared in the phone settings.

I have many Asus products including laptop, routers, PC motherboard and now Zenfone 8. I'm afraid that it'll be the end of me being Asus customer. Either you show some respect towards us and just answer our questions or you loose another customer (and many others).

Krzysztof

View post
It is not a new problem. It was the same with 7/7 Pro. I sent back 7 Pro because of very bad call quality. My over 10 years old phones have much better call quality. I really liked 7 Pro, but I use a phone for calling mainly, so Asus is not good choice for me.

keskeerik
Star III
Is there also any news about Telia in Estonia? You already have Telia in Finland, Norway and Lithuania. Have you contacted Telia Estonia?

steve02
Rising Star I
Any infos about networks in Austria? Appreciate it!

pipsss81
Rising Star I
What about A1 in Slovenia?