This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook-Pro-Duo-15-OLED-UX582 release date?

raines-junk
Star I
Has there been an update on the new Zenbook Duo Pro 15" yet? All I have seen is April 2021. 😫😪 I need a new computer like yesterday but I have been waiting to get the new Zenbook Duo Pro. Are they doing pre-ordering?
67 REPLIES 67

gszkop
Star III
TraderGary

What did you use to make the recording?

View post
Smartphone Samsung Note 10 Plus

archit_apco
Star I
Hi Everyone,

I got my laptop UX582LR H901TS (i9 10980 , 3070) on July 22nd 2021 and after a couple of hours of use, I could feel that the left speaker is of substandard quality.

The windows notification sound is the perfect frequency to check this problem.

I checked with my local Asus team in India and they made a DOA (Dead on arrival) for the same as it was a clear example of a rattling speaker.

Today, on August 2nd, I got a fresh sealed box of the same, and this time the left speaker is even worse.

A video clip played automatically after I was testing the 4k oled quality on the Costa Rica clip on YouTube. As I am not allowed to share links on the forum right away, please search for this title on YouTube

3 HOURS - BREATHTAKING SPACE NEBULAS RELAXING MUSIC VIDEO FOR STRESS RELIEF 4K

The left speaker is rattling and buzzing to an extent that you can't listen to this music for more than 5 minutes.

I messaged an Asus senior product manager besed in Taiwan on LinkedIn, who supposedly developed the Zenbook Pro Duo series, and he responded by saying that they will work on the speaker system in the next Zenbook Pro Duo and then it should be able to compete with MacBook Pro. I was surprised, how unconfident he was with this laptop. I think he doesn't know that anyone who is buying this laptop can easily afford a MacBook Pro, but decided to buy a Zenbook Pro Duo, because they know its better. Anyways, I wait further to hear from my local Asus team.

I recommend everyone to test their speaker using the following YouTube video

3 HOURS - BREATHTAKING SPACE NEBULAS RELAXING MUSIC VIDEO FOR STRESS RELIEF 4K

Further, I checked it is rattling from 180Hz upto 600Hz.
You can check using the video with the title as following
20Hz to 20kHz (Human Audio Spectrum)

Regards 
Archit

TraderGary
Rising Star I
I'm a classical pianist and a bit of an audiophile. I've had my UX582 i9 since Jul 8. I've listened to a good bit of music and many YouTube videos. I've been quite pleased with the audio quality of my UX582. For a notebook computer, I consider my speakers to be quite good.
I listened to the SPACE NEBULAS you described. I found the recording to be over driven into distortion. I certainly wouldn't consider that recording to be any kind of speaker test.