System: Asus TUF a15 (506II)
Battery or AC: both
Model: ryzen 5 4th gen and gtx 1650ti
Frequency of occurrence: frequent
Reset OS: windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have been using the Asus tuf a15 for the past 1 year recently I have been noticing that in armoury crate the GPU fan section shows 0 rpm but I can feel the air coming out of the laptop, when I test it using my Asus app it sometimes shows there may be something wrong with your fan but most of the time it shows that the fan is working correctly
image.png
but the problem is that under heavy loads the fans won't speed up causing heating
image.png

what my be the reason for this problem is it a software issue or a hardware one
30 REPLIES 30

alwinmathew4
Star III
This issue will happen in every mode, When this occurs the fan will spin very slowly and won't increase its speed as needed, and sometimes the fan will speed up to the maximum rpm and suddenly switch off
also sometimes it shows that the GPU fan is 0 rpm and will cause heating while gaming (but the fan is spinning very slowly)

** Very weird behaviour **
But the strange thing is this behaviour will only show up randomly, currently, for the past 3 days there are no problems, the fan works as expected
I even did a stress test and it works normally
I will add a video of it currently working in the video you can see the CPU fan only reaches 5200 rpm max but when I bought it the max fan speed was 5500 rpm, also in the video you can see the GPU fan suddenly spikes in speed for a moment
when it fails again ill be sure to capture it and post it here as a video

Here are my armoury crate versions
image.png

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Thank you for the new video.
However, the situation in this new video is somehow normal.
The max fan speed of your device is not 5500 nor 5200 rpm.
The fan speed will fluctuate according to the temperature and 2 fan continue to keep balance between each other then the dB would not rise and heat radiation stay effective.
If you see the super high RPM like 45800 or 10800 again, please let me know.
I have consulted more about your case.

alwinmathew4
Star III
Thank you for your time, When I have the problem again I will post the video here

alwinmathew4
Star III
Hey I have managed to record the problem for which I originally posted this,

In this test I can 100% confirm that the GPU fan did spin at the maximum speed I can clearly feel the airflow

and my Asus app did say there were no issues found, but armoury crate won't show any speed,

and in real usage, if I play a game the fan won't actually speed up and this causes heating

alwinmathew4
Star III
@onishah2469 bro I haven't fixed the issue still, it happens sometimes and gets automatically fixed after some more time, this repeats over and over itself.
I haven't taken it to the service center because I have college work to do so I cannot be without my laptop for few months and the covid situation here is bad.
Since both of us have this issue on 2 different Asus TUF models, I'm optimistic that this is a software issue and not a hardware issue.
@onishah2469 if you manage to fix this please let me know how you did it, you can reach me on Reddit if this chat gets closed Reddit id is alwinmathew4