This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Pro M2 Bricked after FOTA update and now ASUS asking for charges to resolve this issue!

vivek_pervi
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenFone Max Pro (M2)(ZB630KL)
Firmware Version: Not sure
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: It is Bricked since the last official FOTA update
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to the information above, please also provide as many details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

4 REPLIES 4

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, kindly elaborate on your issue so that we can understand it better.

vivek_pervi
Star I
After Faulty FOTA update mobile is not allowing to enter any recovery mode. And its not even showing anything on screen just blank black screen, even though mobile is getting charge.
For this i visited to Asus authorised service center. They asked to keep phobe with them so that they can check and revert back to me. As per engineer my mobile was not charging and not turning on. First he tolde me that screen is faulty need to change it. How it can be possible?. I told him that it was just a software glitch after FOTA mobile stopped working. Then he said give me time will call you back. On second call he said this is motherboard issue. Again how it could be possible? I am very much sure that this issue is only software based. Even if is a motherboard issue. as a customer i haven't done any wrong with mobile... It was company's FOTA update that cause this issue. He charged me Rs.250 for this troubleshooting. He said he tried update software but didn't worked.
I picked my mobile and paid Rs 250 for nothing. As per engineer, his last conclusion is that mobile is not even getting turn on neither getting charged. I knew he was laying now. I went home with mobile and try to change mobile with Asus charger, it was charging and mobile screen light up.
My only concern is this not my fault that after Asus FOTA update my mobile got bricked. I know this is well know issue and lots of Max Pro M2 users are facing this due to faulty FOTA update.
Requesting you to resolve this issue. This mobile is bricked since April.

vivek_pervi
Star I
Your support team is not understanding the issue or they just want to escape from this without giving service... Why should customer pay for this?

I am using various Asus products from very long time. Motherboard, graphics cards, wifi routers, and now mobiles, but after this kind of service i will not recommend any one to use Asus products anymore. The worst experience and pathetic response.

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.