cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After last update.

birkemark78
Star I
Hi guys.
After last update I'm beginning to have a lot of problems. Do you also have them?
- My phone can't be on wifi periodic. It says no connection. Have to turn of wifi, wait some minutes, and the on again. It lasts 5/10 min. I have a lot of other products on wifi at the same time, but don't have any problems. My sim/mobile data is no problem. Battery saver is turned of.
- Notifications comes in a group, and always 5-120 min later. Fore example i have Nest door bell. I will get the notification later that a person have ding-donged. I know some cases it okay😀
- The phone get hot when charging (my OnePlus don't)
- The screen is active in my pocket. I do a lot of emergency calls when I'm moving.
Tobias

18 REPLIES 18

martinparker28
Rising Star II
pipsss81

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175415#Comment_175415

There is clearly something wrong with your phone. But that does not mean every Zenfon 8 is broken out of a factory. You said you phone get hot in idle, does that means battary last only few hours?

View post

In answer to the last part of your question....I have tried (with Asus Tech Support help) every scenario to try and stop the over heating battery, including restricting ALL apps running in the background etc, nothing seems to help,when the phone does get really hot (random times!) then yes, the battery drains quite considerably.

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Like i said, something is wrong with your phone. They should replace it and you will be fine (if common issues do not bother you like fingerprint, heating when on full load, outdoor sound mode, voice call quality).

martinparker28
Rising Star II
pipsss81

Like i said, something is wrong with your phone. They should replace it and you will be fine (if common issues do not bother you like fingerprint, heating when on full load, outdoor sound mode, voice call quality).

View post
I'm well aware there is an issue with the phone, hence why it's going back, and why should there be "common issues" that we have to put up with in flagship smartphones? after all this is not Asus's first smartphone.

martinparker28
Rising Star II
pipsss81

View post
I'm quite aware there is an issue with my phone hence the reason it's going back, on the issue of " putting up with common issues" then my answer is No, I'm not prepared to put up with such issues in a flagship phone and what's more Asus should be embarrassed that there are such issues and as such address them in a timely manner, but when the likes of @CH_ASUS say's that Asus only update "every other month" it does not fill me with confidence in Asus products.