This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

Hi!

Sir/Madam:

Help, I have a zenphone 8 and it's overheating even when you are doing simple task like surfing the net and browsing fb. It is formatted and updated to its latest vesion 30.11.51.67. Hoping to fix this problem soon.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

pipsss81
Rising Star I
It looks like something is wrong with your device, if that is happening on normal tasks. At 25°C i get around 30°C for long time browsing, updating apps takes maybe few minutes a day, it should not heat up much in that time. Playing light games heat up to 35°C in more than 30 min. Idk what you are browsing, some stuff can be power hungry, most are not, same goes for games. Some use 100% of CPU and GPU, most less than 25%. When phone runs on 100%, it will heat to 40°C fast due to small size and it's use 10W of power . If you plan to play Genchy impact, use ice packs 😄

javieralreves
Star III
pipsss81

It looks like something is wrong with your device, if that is happening on normal tasks. At 25°C i get around 30°C for long time browsing, updating apps takes maybe few minutes a day, it should not heat up much in that time. Playing light games heat up to 35°C in more than 30 min. Idk what you are browsing, some stuff can be power hungry, most are not, same goes for games. Some use 100% of CPU and GPU, most less than 25%. When phone runs on 100%, it will heat to 40°C fast due to small size and it's use 10W of power . If you plan to play Genchy impact, use ice packs 😄

View post
Read the rest of the thread: its device is not the only one. There are also more discussions about this, and I also have this problem. This a generalized issue for this device

me_0mby8
Star III
Reading about this issue it seems like the samsung made 888 chips ( 888 chips made using the 5nm process developed by samsung and so most likely in samsung fabs ) seem to be having a lot of this overheating issue across many devices. With companies pushing patches to minimize heating I guess asus also has to do something to get the heat down.

martinparker28
Rising Star II
me.0mby8

Reading about this issue it seems like the samsung made 888 chips ( 888 chips made using the 5nm process developed by samsung and so most likely in samsung fabs ) seem to be having a lot of this overheating issue across many devices. With companies pushing patches to minimize heating I guess asus also has to do something to get the heat down.

View post
based on Asus only updating this phone every other month I wouldn't hold your breath.......

me_0mby8
Star III
martinparker28

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175399#Comment_175399

based on Asus only updating this phone every other month I wouldn't hold your breath.......

View post
Haha .... Oh well at least people reporting about it might catch the eyes of the devs and they might do something about it right .. Or they might be able to use the scenarios being reported to find and solve the issue.

Faster updates might be cooler I guess at least like a sign up to the beta - Faster but might not be bug free update channel something like that.