cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After last update.

birkemark78
Star I
Hi guys.
After last update I'm beginning to have a lot of problems. Do you also have them?
- My phone can't be on wifi periodic. It says no connection. Have to turn of wifi, wait some minutes, and the on again. It lasts 5/10 min. I have a lot of other products on wifi at the same time, but don't have any problems. My sim/mobile data is no problem. Battery saver is turned of.
- Notifications comes in a group, and always 5-120 min later. Fore example i have Nest door bell. I will get the notification later that a person have ding-donged. I know some cases it okay😀
- The phone get hot when charging (my OnePlus don't)
- The screen is active in my pocket. I do a lot of emergency calls when I'm moving.
Tobias

18 REPLIES 18

me_0mby8
Star III
As for notification is not FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging) supposed to stop the issue of delayed notification coz of battery optimization. I guess it has to be checked if firebase is being used by the apps having the issue. Or if there is some issue with asus software with the way it handles the apps. But I don't think background app management has to be turned off completely to receive notifications if fcm is being used.
As for an app which uses firebase I think signal uses fcm and also a websocket notification implementation for use when the phone doesn't have google services (gms) installed on their phone. The websocket implementation does require the battery optimization to be turned off tho. I'm not sure but whatsapp might also be using fcm but someone do correct me if I'm wrong about this.

So please do check if the phone is having issues with push notification on apps using FCM which should work even with battery optimization turned on. For others it should work with optimization turned off for that particular app.

jfgt7j8qgx
Rising Star II
birkemark78

Hi guys.

After last update I'm beginning to have a lot of problems. Do you also have them?

- My phone can't be on wifi periodic. It says no connection. Have to turn of wifi, wait some minutes, and the on again. It lasts 5/10 min. I have a lot of other products on wifi at the same time, but don't have any problems. My sim/mobile data is no problem. Battery saver is turned of.

- Notifications comes in a group, and always 5-120 min later. Fore example i have Nest door bell. I will get the notification later that a person have ding-donged. I know some cases it okay😀

- The phone get hot when charging (my OnePlus don't)

- The screen is active in my pocket. I do a lot of emergency calls when I'm moving.

Tobias

After last update.
Same problem here.
Expasoly wifi problem and ghost problem.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Well thanks guys,I was wondering if I should try the Z 8 but after seeing how far Asus have come in,, debugging,, it I might wait for the zen 9.
I thought they were to cheap to be aok

martinparker28
Rising Star II
birkemark78

Hi Guy's.

I have now sold my Asus ZenFone 16/256. I hoped it was something. I really liked the size. So now its back to OnePlus.

View post
After being requested by Asus UK technical support to try numerous things on my phone since June 18th even they have finally given up and have requested I post the phone back and get a full refund. This is so disappointing as I really, really like most things about the phone (size, speed, display, camera) what I can't get over is calls dropping every time I make or receive one, phone (even when idle) getting so hot I can't even hold it and lastly buggy software.

pipsss81
Rising Star I
martinparker28

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175356#Comment_175356

After being requested by Asus UK technical support to try numerous things on my phone since June 18th even they have finally given up and have requested I post the phone back and get a full refund. This is so disappointing as I really, really like most things about the phone (size, speed, display, camera) what I can't get over is calls dropping every time I make or receive one, phone (even when idle) getting so hot I can't even hold it and lastly buggy software.

View post
There is clearly something wrong with your phone. But that does not mean every Zenfon 8 is broken out of a factory. You said you phone get hot in idle, does that means battary last only few hours?