cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Any updates on Orange PL? I was using LG G7 for one day and after switch back to Zenfone my ears are bleeding 😞

steve02
Rising Star I
@CH_ASUS Hi! Is VoLTE working on Austria's H3G "Drei" Network? If not, what is the status on this? Thank you!

WaSyL
Star III
Dear @CH_ASUS can we please get a comment on HD voice codecs (AMR-WB) on 3G connection not being negotiated? I saw lots of comments with concerns in this department. Vendor comment would be much appreciated.

lasiczecielsko
Star II
Hi. Today Orange PL support confirmed that Zenfone 8 is still not allowed to use VoLTE & VoWiFi. @CH_ASUS is there any progress in validation process?
Regards
Rafał

Krzysztof_
Star II
Hi everyone,

I bought Zenfone 8 not knowing that the Asus flagship phone doesn't support current communication standards. Such a phone not supporting VoLTE and WiFi Calling in 2021? It's a joke. Calls quality is very poor and often broken, just unacceptable.
The second very disappointing thing is that the support team doesn't care about customers' concerns and they have been ignoring the problem for the last week or so. Come on! Just give us any update! Is a new firmware being prepared? How long do we have to wait for it? Apparently the last firmware was supposed to introduce missing features in Poland (Orange PL) but nothing improved. VoLTE and WiFi Calling is still unavailable even though the options appeared in the phone settings.
I have many Asus products including laptop, routers, PC motherboard and now Zenfone 8. I'm afraid that it'll be the end of me being Asus customer. Either you show some respect towards us and just answer our questions or you loose another customer (and many others).

Krzysztof