Star I
System: Win10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: K571GT
Frequency of occurrence: Everyday since a few months ago
Reset OS: not yet
Screenshot or video: no
========================
Detailed description:Within 3 months, I had a pesky bluetooth problem that has now turned into unsolvable. Im trying to keep reinstalling Windows as a last resort and thus am posting here for help:
Bluetooth stops working and then disappears.
Troubleshooting:
Sometimes rebooting / shutdown works, but rarely.
Restarting Bluetooth Support Service sometimes worked, if the bluetooth icon has not been removed from taskbar.
I've updated all all my firmware/bios/drivers per my product spec page:
/us/Laptops/For-Home/Everyday-use/K571GT/HelpDesk_Download/
I've tried Bluetooth drivers from Intels site as well. All drivers worked but then they all fail at some point. I'm uncertain if this is a driver or hardware related issue.
Somehow I'm lead to believe its related to USB.. but Im not knowledgeable on how drivers work beyond installing them. When I'm in device manger trying to figure this out, there is always a USB entry marked "unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)" but unsure if its actually related. When I try manually adding drivers it can't find any signed .ini files from any of the directory shown in picture. But I thought I had read in the spec sheet Bluetooth was part of the AC9560 wireless chip?
I dont know what to do from here, but after an hour this morning of rebooting, rebooting again, trying to reinstall driver as admin restarting, installed the latest 309 bios, shutting down, trying to resolve the unknown usb, .... im lost. I've been doing most of the steps above on a nearly daily basis.
This is my work horse and bluetooth is super convenient. Please help, I can supply any other screenshots.
Between MS updates, Asus updates, nvidia updates and changing power/performance settings - is it possible a setting has triggered this issue? Most of the time this happens is waking up the laptop, signing in... I'm able to use bluetooth for a few moments before it quits. Other times I come to it and its already not working. So confused. Thanks!
asus-help-me-png.png

7 REPLIES 7

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
gnarlyD

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175114#Comment_175114

I understand this, but the last screenshot is my problem. I already have Intel drivers installed, but the service/driver stops working at 'random'. As in, all those screenshots were taken within minutes apart.. the problem happened during that time.

View post
then reinstall old dtiver

gnarlyD
Star I

Event Viewer shows some errors, but I do not really understand it:
"Bluetooth HID device either went out of range or became unresponsive".
(This is the last error before bluetooth stops working - during this time, on my bluetooth keyboard I switched profiles)
"Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes (link keys) on the local adapter. Bluetooth keyboards might not work in the system BIOS during startup."

gnarlyD
Star I
Error "vendor specific error code"
XML
Event xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
-

0x80000000000000

System

-

000000000100000000000000070005800C0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000