Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: .57
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi asus team, just need a clarification.
I have some friends using rog 5..and they have confirmed that when using the side usb port for charging rather than bottom one(both 30w charger in India and 65w charger outside India)the charge time is reduced..like bottom one charges the device like 15-20mins longer than what the side port takes to charge...would you guys explain why the charge time is having difference despite using same charger...just the port is making this time difference..why is that so?
4 REPLIES 4

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Sibi I'll get back to you with an answer. 🙂

Sibi
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@Sibi I'll get back to you with an answer. 🙂

View post
Sure thanks, will wait!

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
The answer is the side port is advanced than the lower port. I heard it somewhere in a review of the phone. Its basically an upgraded version. Something like 3.0 vs 3.2,and thats the reason side port charges faster

Sibi
Rising Star II
Reaperzwolf

The answer is the side port is advanced than the lower port. I heard it somewhere in a review of the phone. Its basically an upgraded version. Something like 3.0 vs 3.2,and thats the reason side port charges faster

View post
That's only for file transfer bro...side port is usb 3.1 gen2 while bottom is usb 2.0..this will impact only file transfer speeds....but charging is different...