This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Wizard - 3.5mm frequency response

waddahghalib
Star II
Hello, I recently purchased a zenfone 8 and I am loving it, especially the fact that it has a headphone jack (I dont buy phones without them). But the biggest disappointment is the lack of a clean audio output due to the built in Audio Wizard. I hope a software update will allow us to disable any audio post processing coming out of the headphone jack. Also the output of the headphone jack is a bit too low in comparison to my old oneplus 6. lastly and I dont know why this happens, spotify outputs at a lower volume than playing something from my local files. I dont think this is necessarily an issue with the phone or phones software itself but it might be because on my oneplus 6 this issue isnt there.
I hear that this forum is pretty responsive with the developers talking on here frequently so please address these issues. Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

waddahghalib
Star II
That's all I ask. Thank you for the prompt response and I hope at least you set the music profile to default. Also if you could please ask the Dev's which profile is set if I uninstall Audio Wizard using adb, that would be fantastic. I truly appreciate the fact that your forums are pretty responsive and that makes me feel reassured as a buyer.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
waddahghalib

That's all I ask. Thank you for the prompt response and I hope at least you set the music profile to default. Also if you could please ask the Dev's which profile is set if I uninstall Audio Wizard using adb, that would be fantastic. I truly appreciate the fact that your forums are pretty responsive and that makes me feel reassured as a buyer.

View post
Dynamic will be the default profile - as it the auto switching one.
For those users who are specifically after a 3.5mm flat performance - always - there is music for that.

As for which profile will be set on adb uninstall.. we can ask, but I dont think this is a priority answer for them so might not be fast.

waddahghalib
Star II
Are there any updates?

technomeep
Star I
To whom it may concern,
I've recently purchased a Zenfone 8 directly from Asus's US store.
Overall I am thrilled with the phone's features, performance and very compact size.
However, after a quick check in the Sound & Vibration settings, I found the 'AudioWizard' feature and determined that was a feature that I did not require.
Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an option to disable the AudioWizard app and there is also no 'Bypass' or 'Disable' option in the 'Scenario Effect' mode choices.
Dirac is apparently known for their 3D spatializing technology, but bluntly, that is something that I have no interest in using.
So, I find myself being very frustrated by the fact that there seems to be no way to bypass the Dirac signal processing modes. 
It is good to know the 'Music' mode leaves the EQ flat, but how do I verify that there is absolutely no sound enhancement, 3D spacializing or any other digital signal processing being applied to the audio 'signal'?
Beyond that, I am compelled to ask some additional questions:
Is the AudioWizard configuring a hardware DSP ( audio chipset ) or a software DSP? ( Assuming it is hardware )
What are the 4 Scenario Effect modes actually doing to the audio? ( Dynamic has been explained a bit here, but not the others: Music, Cinema and Game )
Why does the AudioWizard ( com.asus.audiowizard ) consume network data? Is it fingerprinting the audio being processed by the Dirac DSP?
Does the AudioWizard/ Dirac DSP process phone call audio too?
If the network data the app consumes is not just basic app telemetry, what other data does it send and where does it go?
I am hopeful to maintain a constructive and open dialog with Asus/ Dirac that will lead to the simple improvement of their app that would give us, end users, the choice to completely disable all Dirac audio processing.