This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps restarting and WIFI won't turn ON.

kitsune_msn
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro ZS671KS
Firmware Version: WW_30.41.69.78
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Every around 10 minutes
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So yesterday I was trying to upload a video to TikTok when the phone hangs and two seconds later restarted on its own to a "Qualcomm crashdump mode" screen that disappears in just a second. I thought it was just an occasional restart but then it restarted again with the same screen. After this second restart, WIFI won't turn on anymore and every 10 minutes or so, it restarts again. After being ON for like 5 minutes or so, the phone does a small vibration as if something were going on in the background, then some minutes later, it restarts. I know that the time it takes to restart it's the same. I am not sure if this is related to the update that I installed the day before.
So I would like to try few things before doing a factory reset.
1) I would like to try to wipe the cache partition but this option it's not there on recovery mode. Does anyone know of a way of doing it?
2) How can I read the logs of those crashes to check if there is some info about what could be causing the restarts?
Besides those two questions, does anyone have any suggestions about what should I try to fix this? (no factory reset on the suggestions for obvious reasons 😜). I also want to add that restarting in safe mode does not fix the issue. I have also tried uninstalling the few latest apps updates just in case. The phone is not overheating or anything similar neither got hit nor felt.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: =================
I want to add that the downloaded latest software Version WW-30.41.69.78 from the site "https://www.asus.com/mobile/phones/all-series/zenfone-7/HelpDesk_BIOS/" gives an error at a time to update because the file it's corrupted. I have tried to download from different computers using different browsers and downloaders but the result it's the same. Doing a check on the zip file results in an error. Older versions are fine so it would be nice if this could be checked and fixed as soon as possible.
3 REPLIES 3

kitsune_msn
Star I
I have another issue now...
I did a factory reset but the problem persists. I want to flash an older version or even the stock ROM just to see if I can get that fixed but, since I have no WIFI, I can't bypass the starting screen that requires me to connect to WIFI to log in. I need to access the developer mode so I can try to use the Asus Flash Tool and flash the stock rom 😞

firasswat82
Rising Star I
Actually there is a problem with the latest update when downloading and installing it shows the word Failed
screenshot-20210704-173807942.jpg

kitsune_msn
Star I
firasswat82

Actually there is a problem with the latest update when downloading and installing it shows the word Failed

screenshot-20210704-173807942.jpg

View post
In my case it updated itself through automatic updates and it did fine without error messages as far I know. I am not sure if the issue it's related with the update, it just seems to happen between 1 or 2 days after the update but could be coincidence.
Anyway, seeing that there is no fix even after a factory reset, I will just return it.