System: Asus TUF a15 (506II)
Battery or AC: both
Model: ryzen 5 4th gen and gtx 1650ti
Frequency of occurrence: frequent
Reset OS: windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have been using the Asus tuf a15 for the past 1 year recently I have been noticing that in armoury crate the GPU fan section shows 0 rpm but I can feel the air coming out of the laptop, when I test it using my Asus app it sometimes shows there may be something wrong with your fan but most of the time it shows that the fan is working correctly
image.png
but the problem is that under heavy loads the fans won't speed up causing heating
image.png

what my be the reason for this problem is it a software issue or a hardware one
30 REPLIES 30

alwinmathew4
Star III
also i have noticed something odd which is that in armoury crate what is shown as the gpu fan speed is acutally the cpu fan speed and vice versa i know this because when armoury crate shows cpu fan speed is high the air is comming out of gpu exhaust ... my problem mentioned above still persists
image.png

alwinmathew4
Star III
zenflamerzz
  1. System: Windows 10 Home
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: ROG Strix G512Li
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Everyday since 3/1/2021
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I just got my laptop for two weeks and two days ago (3/1/2021) the CPU fan has stopped working and it wont spin even when I switched to Performance and Turbo mode. My laptop getting hot easier when I play games. In the Armoury Crate, it shows "0 rpm" for my CPU fan spin rate, but sometimes it shows constant "63300 rpm" but actually it is not spinning at all (I can tell because there is no air generated at the left exhaust). Plus, when I ran the hardware diagnostic test, it do tell that I might have a problem with my fan

CPU fan(left fan) is not spinning on my ROG Strix G521Li
this issue is very similar to mine but on a different Asus model , Currently i have completely reinstalled windows and upgraded to the new driver still the issue is not fixed for me

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
The air flow is not the indicator of the issue. The air flow can be directed to exhaust from the same side.
In all of your screenshot, the GPU is either not working or working in a very low loading,
so it is normal that the GPU fan is not running under those 2 scenario.
Do you have other concern or screenshot?
Thank you.

alwinmathew4
Star III
whatsapp-image-2021-07-02-at-12-35-03-pm.jpeg
recently it started showing such high rpm. is this some issue regarding the bios I am at the latest version 316. but this issue resolves quickly and will only shows up randomly

alwinmathew4
Star III
This video exactly shows the problem the fan speed violently fluctuates between 2800 rpm to 100 rpm ... This is not normal for any laptop.. but sometimes the fans work normally. I have tried everything to fix this.. next step is to go to the service center but due to covid i'm unable