This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gps problem

mahmoud_abou_da
Star III
I am having problems while navigating with google maps on rog 2 after latest update. While navigating my position does not move accurately as it used to be also sometimes does not move at all
17 REPLIES 17

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mahmoud.abou.daher

I am having problems while navigating with google maps on rog 2 after latest update. While navigating my position does not move accurately as it used to be also sometimes does not move at all

Gps problem
Have a read at the below post to see if anything helps:
ywitch

Can you please fix GPS problem in the next update it does'nt work in google maps, waze, tomtom etc. hard to detect location. TIA and keep it up and also update in the camera.

GPS problem
If the above doesn't help and you have dual SIM 4g enabled, turn it off by going to settings - network and internet - SIM cards - turn off dual SIM 4g.
Also, the above post relates to not locking to satellites.

Vableme
Rising Star II
Apparently you need to calibrate your compass in google maps first. Sometimes it works sometimes don't.

mahmoud_abou_da
Star III
Tried all the steps above and still having the same problem. The gps knows my location but does not move in any navigation software like google maps or waze.... Seems that i am staying in my place

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mahmoud.abou.daher

Tried all the steps above and still having the same problem. The gps knows my location but does not move in any navigation software like google maps or waze.... Seems that i am staying in my place

View post
Download GPS Test and then let us know "In View" Satellites and "In Use" Satellites.
image.png