cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Voodoo

screenshot-20210703-203729421.jpg

screenshot-20210703-203120788.jpg

screenshot-20210630-103830092.jpg

screenshot-20210618-060426066.jpg

Loving my ROG 5. 💪

View post
Good for you,but connection speed,firmware and benchmarks are not something to be proud of
Benchmarks don't mean much in actual usage and gaming,connection speed can be measured in any phone, firmware is still not important since everyone can have the same firmware
And lastly,you can be proud of your battery,even tho it should survive for more than 1 day

Voodoo
Star I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174809#Comment_174809

Good for you,but connection speed,firmware and benchmarks are not something to be proud of

Benchmarks don't mean much in actual usage and gaming,connection speed can be measured in any phone, firmware is still not important since everyone can have the same firmware

And lastly,you can be proud of your battery,even tho it should survive for more than 1 day

View post
Yeah. I primarily use my ROG 5 for CoDM and as my daily driver. Cheers! 🍻

mr_arindam_bagc
Star II
I came across a rant on reddit that this phone will not have twinview. Is it true? I bought this phone precisely due to its expansion possibilities. The dual screen, extra battery would be so apt considering we are entering the era of foldable phones. This phone could easily be marketable as business/entertainment phone with these specs, let alone gaming.

rStar
Rising Star II
ghyzriellgalez06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172401#Comment_172401

Same with mine. When you delete it from the gallery app. It will not go to recycle bin. It will be permanently deleted.

screenshot-20210619-094343131-1.jpg

View post
Found a solution

Its goes to Gallery > Albums > Recently Deleted
screenshot-20210711-195630274-281-29.png

rStar
Rising Star II
I've recently encountered an issue with 3.5mm jack.
Sometimes it doesn't recognise my earphone (tested both Sennheiser 300s and Philips hi-res)
But when i restart, boot music routes through earphone and problem is solved automatically.
Since it happened more than once and its totally software related issue, I'd request the mods to look into this.