Frequency of occurrence: Always.
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
screenshot-2021-07-02-222546.png

screenshot-2021-07-02-222607.png

========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
I just got a new Zenbook 13 OLED and I am still stunned by the display every day I am using it. Unfortunately I have connection problems to my Dell Monitor (P3421w) when connecting it via Thunderbolt. The display is not getting a display signal from my ZenBook (see 1st picture). AsusSupport blames the KVM Switch of the display for this problem and can not help me further.
By experimenting a lot I have found the following: When I am hard resetting the notebook with the power button and restarting it, everything works as it should and I get a signal from my notebook to the Dell Monitor (see 2nd picture). But unfortunately after unplugging it and plugging it in again I am back to not having a signal to my monitor. Connection via HDMI is also working without any problems.
Does anybody have a good explanation for this behaviour? Any ideas what can cause my problem or what I can try to fix this?
I have already updated all firmware (Notebook and Monitor) and tried uninstalling MyAsus but without any results to my problem. What else can i try?
Thanks for any ideas related to this problem!!!
6 REPLIES 6

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
benjaminfischer91
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX325EA-KG221T (Zenbook 13 OLED)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always.
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

screenshot-2021-07-02-222546.png

screenshot-2021-07-02-222607.png

========================

Detailed description:

Hello,

I just got a new Zenbook 13 OLED and I am still stunned by the display every day I am using it. Unfortunately I have connection problems to my Dell Monitor (P3421w) when connecting it via Thunderbolt. The display is not getting a display signal from my ZenBook (see 1st picture). AsusSupport blames the KVM Switch of the display for this problem and can not help me further.

By experimenting a lot I have found the following: When I am hard resetting the notebook with the power button and restarting it, everything works as it should and I get a signal from my notebook to the Dell Monitor (see 2nd picture). But unfortunately after unplugging it and plugging it in again I am back to not having a signal to my monitor. Connection via HDMI is also working without any problems.

Does anybody have a good explanation for this behaviour? Any ideas what can cause my problem or what I can try to fix this?

I have already updated all firmware (Notebook and Monitor) and tried uninstalling MyAsus but without any results to my problem. What else can i try?

Thanks for any ideas related to this problem!!!

UX325EA no display output from Thunderbolt
as per my knowledge, the thunderbolt port is used to connect external graphics cards only. But doubt on display features.

Hello,
Thanks for the feedback! Thunderbold with diplay output is advertised on the homepage of the device:
screenshot-2021-07-03-101131.png
... And it also kind of works with my device (see description), but only when I turn it off via pressing the power button for 10s and restart it while connected...Not the most simple workflow to connect a display, I still have hope to find a simplier way!

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
benjaminfischer91

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! Thunderbold with diplay output is advertised on the homepage of the device:

screenshot-2021-07-03-101131.png

... And it also kind of works with my device (see description), but only when I turn it off via pressing the power button for 10s and restart it while connected...Not the most simple workflow to connect a display, I still have hope to find a simplier way!

View post
Then wait for replies from Asus moderator ,

Pyli
Star II
Hello, i have a similar setup and the same type of system, about the dell monitor, i use a PiBox USB C hub, i also faced the similar case as you have, just that i changed the connecter, to a new one. the culprit was the faulty cable, any slight touch to the cable will make the system go funny.
Try a different USB C port hub for the display. i am able to connect 2 monitors without issues. even the USB headphones.. Note i am using a J5Create 2 HDMI port also to the hub.. try experimenting.
photo-2021-07-03-22-54-13.jpg
From the picture, note, the faulty hub is replaced with the new one which all the connections are made, also note, these hubs tend to get hot. and have metal casing for heat dissipation.