juraimi77
Star I
System: Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.7
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Mac Macbook Pro 2020
Frequency of occurrence: Everday
Reset OS: YES
Screenshot or video: attach
chaiy LAN Speed can easily hit 800 - 900MBPS but my wifi speed only getting 50MBPs.led dI bought this wifi hoping to improve my wifi speed and coverage. But the results show otherwise. Called my internet provider to check and they advise me to ask ASUS and suspect that the product could be faulty or it has limitation. If you are using the same model as mine, do you encounter the same problem? Anyone can help? Thank you.script
3 REPLIES 3

juraimi77
Star I
By LAN
speedtest.png

Connected use ZEN WIFI AX XT8
screenshot-2021-05-29-at-3-29-46-pm.png

Jun_M
Star I
juraimi77

By LAN

speedtest.png

Connected use ZEN WIFI AX XT8

screenshot-2021-05-29-at-3-29-46-pm.png

View post
I have been using the XT8 (2 packs) AiMesh router for 7 months now but did not encounter your issue. I get the same wireless speed if not close to what I get from the wired connection.
I can suggest to do the following, and try the speedtest for each stage.
restore to Factory default setting
update the firmware
If still the same, you might try contacting ASUS support; could be defective and hopefully you can have the replacement.

juraimi77
Star I
HI Jun M,
Thank you for your reply. I have just got a replacement now it looks better but I'm only getting 100+mbs via wifi. I now use my old router GT AC5300 through wifi I'm getting 500Mbps or sometimes 600Mpbs.
The Asus technical support recommended I not use Aimesh. Although my distance from Zen Wifi TX8 6600 is just less than 4m with no wall block. It seems that Aimesh brings wifi speed to 100+ only. Hardly achieve 200+. I can easily hit 900+ via LAN but not on wifi. Even after this new replacement to both of my Zen Wifi routers and update the firmware to 3.0.0.4.386_43181-g6099e58, it does not help with my wifi speed either.
I'm starting to feel that this could be the limitation of ZEN wifi TX8 AX 6600. I have been an Asus fan and bought even AX11000 this performed as expected.
As long as it can achieve 500mbs within the range of 3-5m is satisfactory. I feel that I waste money purchasing the ZEN Wifi TX8 AX 6600 router as it does not help with the speed even connected to the 5ghz network.
I hope there is a patch from Asus soon.
screenshot-2021-07-03-at-2-29-24-pm.png
5ghz connection.