This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

Hi!

Sir/Madam:

Help, I have a zenphone 8 and it's overheating even when you are doing simple task like surfing the net and browsing fb. It is formatted and updated to its latest vesion 30.11.51.67. Hoping to fix this problem soon.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

cicagorio
Rising Star II
This is not normal. I have a zenfone 8 for quite some time and after the latest updates it doesn't warm up during surfing etc. It does warm up when using camera app for a longer period or some more CPU intensive work. Could it be that one of your installed apps is doing something CPU intensive in the background?

cytrus224
Rising Star I
There for sure is some problem. Battery is 28 degrees while idle when room temperature is 22. Asus should try tuning frequency/voltage tables of the chip and check why phone is so warm even when idling&locked. I have lg v30 and its not having any problems recording 4k footage with OIS while ZF8 does(overheating)

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Install app Accubattery, you can then check off and on screen power consumption with it. If phone is using less 1% of battery per hour off screen, it does not heat your phone (leave app measure consumption for at least 10h after charging). If it uses more, something is wrong and app will tell you what uses to much power. But in reality even 2% per hour shouldn't heat your phone for more than few °C.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
cytrus224

There for sure is some problem. Battery is 28 degrees while idle when room temperature is 22. Asus should try tuning frequency/voltage tables of the chip and check why phone is so warm even when idling&locked. I have lg v30 and its not having any problems recording 4k footage with OIS while ZF8 does(overheating)

View post
V30 could do 4k 60 with EIS?
And the soc power difference is one another thing (5nm 888 vs 10nm 835)
For example a snapdragon 600 series soc will give you more sot, not heat much but as it's an entry level soc based on older nm the perf and features won't be anywhere near 888