sumdud
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version: forgot to check
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone was 38% when I charged it and I left it to go shower. after finish I grab my phone and it is so hot and I press the power button to check if my phone is ok but no, no display I guess it automatically turn off if its too hot so it turn it back on the logo shows up and the rog animation shows to then the screen turn off again, no charging status. I also tried to charge in side port, nothing. tried to fast boot by pressing + volume and power it shows start and I press power then it boot up and again same thing rog animation shows and nothing didn't turn on. I try it again but now its not working, just nothing no charging status, cannot boot up, no led indicator, nothing just a dead rog phone, same to my rog 2.
pls I need helpsorry for my english.
19 REPLIES 19

PinkFires
Rising Star I
sumdud

Update: i sent it back to the store where i bought it and they said they will forward it to service center and i can claim it after 2 weeks. Im in macau btw

If ever theres a hardware fault and need to replace it, will they gonna ask a charge for it? Its still under warranty though.

View post
I'm not sure if warranty policies change from country to country or if they stay relatively the same or what, but usually if the hardware is faulty by design (aka there's no water damage and you didn't drop it), then you'll always have it fixed/exchanged, so long as it's under warranty.

It's probably just a bad battery. They should either exchange the battery, or just give you a new phone. No worries! 😄

sumdud
Star II
Update:
service center told me that they replace the motherboard. No fees

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
sumdud

Update:

service center told me that they replace the motherboard. No fees

View post
Congratulations! Great to hear this. Hope that you are very much satisfied with the service Asus team gave you.
I am sure if it would have been Samsung/Apple/Oneplus/Xiaomi they would have made stories to ensure that you shell out some hefty money.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Reaperzwolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174697#Comment_174697

Congratulations! Great to hear this. Hope that you are very much satisfied with the service Asus team gave you.

I am sure if it would have been Samsung/Apple/Oneplus/Xiaomi they would have made stories to ensure that you shell out some hefty money.

View post
Naah my personal experience with samsung is yet the best i have , never had a single trouble with after sale service , dont know about other brands
And yea asus after service is really good , its just its slow becoz the size is small but service is pretty much as good as it can

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174698#Comment_174698

Naah my personal experience with samsung is yet the best i have , never had a single trouble with after sale service , dont know about other brands

And yea asus after service is really good , its just its slow becoz the size is small but service is pretty much as good as it can

View post
Due to ASUS not having their own service centers and hiring 3rd party centers, the quality will vary based on region. Some will have good service, others will have horrible service.
As for samsung, as long you pay good money they will service you decently. As reaperwolf was mentioning, it's not unusual for apple and samsung to scam the customers, but once again this will also vary depending on region, albeit not as heavily as ASUS.