This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face unlock and smart button

Timo_Vos
Rising Star I
I'm using the smart button. Pushing twice opens camera app.
I'm also using face unlock.
Pressing the smart button twice wakes up the phone and should start the camera app.
Instead, it recognizes my face and goes to the home screen.
7 REPLIES 7

laurie_goldsmit
Star III
It's now starting to put the phone into some strange assistance mode the phone will start talking the button presses and won't respond to finger prints, so is effectively locked and will not respond to restart.
This has happened twice now and I can only get out of it by randomly pressing the power button and volume buttons.
Any ideas why?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
laurie.goldsmith

It's now starting to put the phone into some strange assistance mode the phone will start talking the button presses and won't respond to finger prints, so is effectively locked and will not respond to restart.

This has happened twice now and I can only get out of it by randomly pressing the power button and volume buttons.

Any ideas why?

View post
Might be that you've enabled 'Talkback' which is an accessibility function in Android.

It is enabled/disabled by pressing both volume up and down for 3 seconds.
If you hear the phone talking back, and there are green boxes on the screen where you touch - you are in 'Talkback mode'. You can disable it by pressing volume up + down at the same time, for 3 seconds, then double tapping the turn off dialog.

laurie_goldsmit
Star III
Thanks for that.