cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

Jake_Leong
Star I
When zenfone8 flip to update to support volte call in Malaysia? Just brought this phone and found this latest flagship doesn't support volte call, super disappointed. In Few more months Malaysia phase out 2g 3g, without volte this expensive phone can just keep into drawer, dear Asus please do something for Asus supporter in Malaysia please.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Sim1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173418#Comment_173418

It does mean that. But I don't have the icon in status bar, nor the icon while calling, I only have "HD", sometimes.

On TIM, other carrier, volte icon correctly shows in status bar.

View post
Confirmed with the team. This is the expected behavior.
VoLTE icon is not showing based on operator requirements but you can try , during a call, if your 4G connection is still maintained. It should - and thus VoLTE would be working in that scenario.

Thank you!

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Any updates when ZF8 will be fully certified to use VoLTE/VoWiFi in Orange Poland ?

WaSyL
Star III
wirusekx

In t-mobile (in Poland), it all works very well 🙂

View post
Hi 🙂
Can you confirm if both VoLTE and VoWIFI works?
In addition, if you are calling someone within t-mobile.pl network, do you get 'HD' indicator on the phone app?

cuboney
Star I
@CH_ASUS and @Anders_ASUS
I've just bought Zenfone 7 and I have to confirm that in Poland (P4 / Play carrier) call quality is just terrible. It sounds like 2G quality back in Nokia 3310 days.
Previously I've used BlackBerry Q10 on 3G network and calling quality was much better. As somebody mentioned earlier, new Zenfones probably are not supporting 3G HD / AMR-WB in Poland.
It's a pitty, because I liked the design of this phone. I won't keep it, if I can't comfortably make a call with it. Tomorrow I will prepare it for return and you have just lost another customer.