This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Wizard - 3.5mm frequency response

waddahghalib
Star II
Hello, I recently purchased a zenfone 8 and I am loving it, especially the fact that it has a headphone jack (I dont buy phones without them). But the biggest disappointment is the lack of a clean audio output due to the built in Audio Wizard. I hope a software update will allow us to disable any audio post processing coming out of the headphone jack. Also the output of the headphone jack is a bit too low in comparison to my old oneplus 6. lastly and I dont know why this happens, spotify outputs at a lower volume than playing something from my local files. I dont think this is necessarily an issue with the phone or phones software itself but it might be because on my oneplus 6 this issue isnt there.
I hear that this forum is pretty responsive with the developers talking on here frequently so please address these issues. Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

minamino2021
Star I
This is also the problem that I am having with my Zenphone's ringtone sound.
Whether the remote control will help the machine solve this problem or not?

waddahghalib
Star II
UPDATE: Spotify works okay now. Still want that clean output. And also please fix the issue where the phone screen turns on while it's in my pocket

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
There should definitely be an option to disable the AudioWizard.

waddahghalib
Star II
Asus should just put snapdragon sound in order for us to get the maximum potential of the integrated dac in the snapdragon 888 soc. I mean my OnePlus 6 sounds louder but it doesn't have a dedicated DAC/amp