cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification LED suggestion

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
Hi,
I understand that this is a very minor comment, but is there a chance that a fade-in/out could be added to the LED?
Now it just turns on and off when there is a notification, but there is something either in the frequency of the pulses or in the way it just goes from off to on that is startling.
It would be great if the LED got a fade-in to full brightness and fade-out to off. I feel it would be more "Zen" and less startling 🙂
Also, a "minimal" AOD mode would be great, something like a ring around the selfie camera that lights up when there is a notification.
Thanks for a great phone!
8 REPLIES 8

Timo_Vos
Rising Star I
mj06

Hi,

In addition to the fade in and fade out, it would be good to be able to choose different colors of the led according to the applications notifications, for the moment only red, orange and green exist ... blue, white, and others colors would be nice. Thank you. Sincerely.

View post
Unfortanetly, as far as I understood, the LED only displays three colors.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
erik.paladin

Hi,

I understand that this is a very minor comment, but is there a chance that a fade-in/out could be added to the LED?

Now it just turns on and off when there is a notification, but there is something either in the frequency of the pulses or in the way it just goes from off to on that is startling.

It would be great if the LED got a fade-in to full brightness and fade-out to off. I feel it would be more "Zen" and less startling 🙂

Also, a "minimal" AOD mode would be great, something like a ring around the selfie camera that lights up when there is a notification.

Thanks for a great phone!

Notification LED suggestion
Although that would look nice, it would also consume more power.
Timo Vos

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173947#Comment_173947

Unfortanetly, as far as I understood, the LED only displays three colors.

View post
Exactly!

markolree
Star II
Adding to this, it would be nice if the LED notification can be turned off while the Do not Disturb mode is active. Or at the Digital Well being in bedtime mode.
While at night Do not Disturb mode is active, silencing the notifications, they still show-up in the notification-bar so it triggers the LED notification to blink.
I am aware of the option to turn off the LED for the charging status, so it could be the LED is disabled during charging. But some nights I don't need to charge and then the LED is shining bright in the night even on the DnD muted notifications.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
markolree

Adding to this, it would be nice if the LED notification can be turned off while the Do not Disturb mode is active. Or at the Digital Well being in bedtime mode.

While at night Do not Disturb mode is active, silencing the notifications, they still show-up in the notification-bar so it triggers the LED notification to blink.

I am aware of the option to turn off the LED for the charging status, so it could be the LED is disabled during charging. But some nights I don't need to charge and then the LED is shining bright in the night even on the DnD muted notifications.

View post
I believe this already exists in the settings for DND under "Display options for hidden notifications"?