Star II
System: Window 10 64 bit
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus UX325 OLED 11th gen
Frequency of occurrence: Frequent when the power goes on & Off
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video: Can not screen grab this issue
========================
Detailed description: While working on the laptop, and when the ac power adaptor goes off or disconnected from the laptop, the Display goes blank for a moment and powers back on in few seconds.
I have tried to disable the panel self refresh option in the power settings, but it does not solve the problem. All the windows drivers and OS are the latest up to date.
But the problem still persist. has anyone come across this problem. I have another Asus Laptop UX425JA and that does not have this problem.

image.png

12 REPLIES 12

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Pyli

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/CFBVA7LDJ5N5/20210628-091559.mp4

Thr video grab taken to show evidence

View post
after seeing this video, I think you must take your laptop to nearest Asus service center.
if you don't mind for time while, disable bitlocker feature.
before taking your laptop to nearest Asus service center, make sure this problem is still happening in Bios display and on Safemode.
check it and reply it

Pyli
Star II
In the BIOS mode, the laptop display does not go blank while the power changes back & forth. So what next?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Pyli

In the BIOS mode, the laptop display does not go blank while the power changes back & forth. So what next?

View post
try to do battery calibration.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Pyli,
Please kindly send the device to our service center for further examination.
Thank you.

Pyli
Star II
I think i found the answer for it. But i went the long route of fresh reset of the laptop when it is not actually necessary. All we have to do is turn off the HDR option in the display settings. as shown below. Then after, if the power goes off,, the laptop does not have the issue, But if the HDR is turned on, the problem occurs during such scenario.. i was thinking to my self, it has nothing to do with the device drivers or anything like that, But is it a microsoft windows bug???

image.png