Android 11 Update For ROG 2.

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS updates.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
its been already a year since android 11 release. Now android 12 beta has started.
you people keep saying under evaluation but for how long? till support period is over and then you say 'sorry support ended'?. for how long shoud we wait? All other phones get 2 major OS updates even budget and midrange phones.We paid a premium for ROG 2 and there is no update at all. No volte for major carriers like Vi. No black crush fix nothing. Asus 6z and ROG 2 released same year, Asus 6z got android 11 long back which was a surprise. Then moved on to zenfone 7 and ROG 3. How can you skip Rog 2? it has to be ROG 2 after 6z right? and ROG 2 is even costlier then Asus 6z at the time of launch. If you do like this surely majority of the ASUS customers will move to another brand next time.Thats for sure. Because you guys doing like this even i changed my mind to move to another brand. Tell us whether ROG 2 users will get ANDROID 11 or not.. tell it soon so that we will decide whether to sell the phone and move to another brand.

13 REPLIES 13

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Rog 2 will only get security patch and bug fixes for coming few more months and they are done with ROG 2.
There will not be Android 11 nor Zenui 7.

ButterChicken
Rising Star I
After 3 months
ROG2 will be completed his 2 Years
In India
So There will be No Further Updates
According to Updates policy
Just Forget it
That's the First And Last Phone
Of Asus in my life
It teach me a lesson
Never go for Specs Numbers 😂
Just Remember that
No doubt Asus Gives good numbers
But they have no software optimization as compared to Oneplus or other brands in this segment
It's been almost 2 years using this phone
I know how good or bad it is
After these years i came to know that
It was a mistake
I should go for Oneplus 7t

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

Rog 2 will only get security patch and bug fixes for coming few more months and they are done with ROG 2.

There will not be Android 11 nor Zenui 7.

View post
True, but... Will there be a “next” though? There’s a possibility that we may not get a fix for mic problems.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mustafayolgiden

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174047#Comment_174047

True, but... Will there be a “next” though? There’s a possibility that we may not get a fix for mic problems.

View post
Fix for mic problems is already in works. They are studying numerous logs to crack the issue this will definetly be pushed with next FOTA. So dont worry it is coming as a bug fix update, but again there is no ETA. You just need to wait for fix. mostly they can fix it with next security patch.
Thanks!

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ZT-da526f29

After 3 months

ROG2 will be completed his 2 Years

In India

So There will be No Further Updates

According to Updates policy

Just Forget it

That's the First And Last Phone

Of Asus in my life

It teach me a lesson

Never go for Specs Numbers 😂

Just Remember that

No doubt Asus Gives good numbers

But they have no software optimization as compared to Oneplus or other brands in this segment

It's been almost 2 years using this phone

I know how good or bad it is

After these years i came to know that

It was a mistake

I should go for Oneplus 7t

View post
I don't think you would've been satisfied with the 7t either as it's android 11 update was amongst the most broken ones, they just updated it to A11 for the sake for it without proper testing even OnePlus 8/9 series are in a perilous state on oxygen os 11
Just too many complains and op had to stop android 11 rollout twice due to major bugs (their every social media post and community forums has a lot of dissatisfied users)
Op just has a lot of devices now and they obv can't handle it