Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
What version TPM chip does the UX482EG-XS74T have ? Is it compatible with Windows 11 ?
6 REPLIES 6

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
mikedeissler
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

What version TPM chip does the UX482EG-XS74T have ? Is it compatible with Windows 11 ?

Windows 11 TPM 2.0 UX482EG-XS74T ?
go to device manager, see under security processor, show screenshot.
type tpm.msc in search box, execute tpm.msc
you will see below pivture
tpmversion-jpg.jpg
If your laptop belongs to this ""Zenbook Duo 14 (UX482EG)""
then windows 11 is compatible

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mike,
For Window 11 issue, please kindly refer to Microsoft website at this moment.
Upgrade to the New Windows 11 OS | Microsoft
We will gradually release more detail after verifying with Microsoft.
Thank you.

mikedeissler
Star I
Thanks for these thoughts.
We were about to buy 30 of these for our staff and then got the word Windows 11 needed tpm 2.0 - we haven't bought them yet pending an answer from Asus. So, I can't look at the device manager. Also, saw reports that just because you have tpm 2.0, depending on other hardware (besides the processor...), you still might not be able to upgrade.
Believe me, I completely understand a company's not wanting to commit to an unreleased OS version, especially from MS who is famous for not getting things right and then saying, "oh, nevermind..." But some official statement from Asus would let us move on with the purchase; we really want to avoid Dell's this time.; but, we need to act soon.
Has anyone run the WindowsPCHealth app and checked for Windows 11 capability ?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
mikedeissler

Thanks for these thoughts.

We were about to buy 30 of these for our staff and then got the word Windows 11 needed tpm 2.0 - we haven't bought them yet pending an answer from Asus. So, I can't look at the device manager. Also, saw reports that just because you have tpm 2.0, depending on other hardware (besides the processor...), you still might not be able to upgrade.

Believe me, I completely understand a company's not wanting to commit to an unreleased OS version, especially from MS who is famous for not getting things right and then saying, "oh, nevermind..." But some official statement from Asus would let us move on with the purchase; we really want to avoid Dell's this time.; but, we need to act soon.

Has anyone run the WindowsPCHealth app and checked for Windows 11 capability ?

View post
For your kind information according to Microsoft site, intel i5 7200u processor is un supported , but I successfully installed windows 11 insider preview build 22000.51 on my vivobook laptop.

see my posts under vivobook category