This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-MODE NOT TURNING ON AUTOMATICALLY DURING GAME LAUNCH

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
While trying to play any game from armory crate the X Mode turns on automatically which i am aware of. But after formatting my phone i dont see the X Mode turning on but yes only the game genie option comes and the Refresh rate. In game genie it shows XMode is off.

Can someone help me to solve it!!
Tried cache clearing also from Armory Crate and clear storage also but didn't work. Have also tried with other games but X mode not turning on automatically. Have to turn it on manually.

9 REPLIES 9

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
wojtekmarchewka

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172421#Comment_172421

No. The X mode on the ROG 5 does not work, it turns on automatically. In ROG 2/3 it worked automatically.

View post
So this has to be fixed then

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ARP_ASUS

Hi Reaperzwolf,

Thanks for reporting.

ROG Phone 5 => Open Armory crate => Games Library => Scenario Profile => Performance => Performance Mode (Select as Gaming Tuning/Hardcore Tuning) => Launch the game => The game never turns on Xmode Automatically

ROG Phone 3 => Open Armory crate => Games Library => Scenario Profile => Performance => Performance Mode (Select as Gaming Tuning/Hardcore Tuning) => Launch the game => The game turns on Xmode Automatically

Can confirm this for now. Let me report and get back if any.

View post
Same issue here too. Team Asus please atleast respond back when you say so. I completely understand the busy schedule you all must be going through but i hope you can spare a minute whenever there is a follow up that needs to be done.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
So here is the conclusion after checks and repeat testing:
Xmode on ROG Phone 5 settings how it works for ROG Phone 3 doesn't apply.
If you wish to use Xmode, either start before game or start after game launches. It can't be done automatically like ROG Phone 3.
Coming to the reason. Xmode has tons of customization and sometimes it may cause issues with gameplay experience. So the option for ROG Phone 5 has kept manual. ROG Phone 5 has slightly more options for Xmode so manual is the way.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

So here is the conclusion after checks and repeat testing:

Xmode on ROG Phone 5 settings how it works for ROG Phone 3 doesn't apply.

If you wish to use Xmode, either start before game or start after game launches. It can't be done automatically like ROG Phone 3.

Coming to the reason. Xmode has tons of customization and sometimes it may cause issues with gameplay experience. So the option for ROG Phone 5 has kept manual. ROG Phone 5 has slightly more options for Xmode so manual is the way.

View post
Thanks @ARP_ASUS . Got your point. You may close this thread.

ShakeyPuddins
Star I
At least an option to have it turn on when games launch would be nice. Having to switch it on/off manually is slightly inconvenient.