This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Incorrect (Product registration failed)

sahanlahiru98
Star I
System: ROG Strix SCAR 15
Model: G533QM
I have seen quite alot of posts regarding product registration errors. I have the same problem. When filling out the form on the ASUS product registration page, I entered my serial number and the rest of the spaces such as 'Product Type' and 'Product Name' were automatically filled out on the website, which means that the product was recognised. But upon final submission, the error message pops up at the top displaying 'serial number incorrect'.
Any help regarding this situation would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

I recently purchased the ROG Zephyrus G14 new at Best Buy and I'm also getting that error(as shown below). I've tried registering my product through the site and the MyAsus software. In the home menu in the MyAsus app, it shows my serial number, and even after copying and pasting I still get the error message 😞
image.png

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sahanlahiru98
  1. System: ROG Strix SCAR 15
  2. Model: G533QM

I have seen quite alot of posts regarding product registration errors. I have the same problem. When filling out the form on the ASUS product registration page, I entered my serial number and the rest of the spaces such as 'Product Type' and 'Product Name' were automatically filled out on the website, which means that the product was recognised. But upon final submission, the error message pops up at the top displaying 'serial number incorrect'.

Any help regarding this situation would be greatly appreciated!

Serial Number Incorrect (Product registration failed)
@sahanlahiru98 @steversonalisa
Did you typed the correct serial number..From where did you got the serial number.
you can get the serial number from Bios.
type below the line in command prompt run with administrator rights and press Enter.
wmic bios get serialnumber   

you can register the product on the Asus account profile page on the website, not on my Asus application

sahanlahiru98
Star I
I registered using MyASUS phone application and scanned the QR code and it worked. @steversonalisa , try that and see if it works

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Please kindly try again.
We have been working on the system technical issue.
If the registration still fail, please let me know.
Thank you.