Bug when you switch from 60 or 120 top 90 hz in a dark mode,

Leonardo GarziLeonardo Garzi Level 1
edited July 29 in ZenFone 8

I have noticed that when you switch from to 90 from 120 or 60, and you are in a dark zone, the grey change. I have spoken with six people with Zenfone 8 and they confirmed this bug. I put this picture in order to try this bug. It Is important low light and the brithness of smartphone must be low too.

Comments

• This is not a bug. Different refresh rates will have slightly different gamma tables and you will notice a small change in tint when toggling between values, especially if the UI is mostly grey.

• Ok, but i have a oneplus 8 pro e when i switch from 60 to 120 hz the color don' t change.

• You're noticing the difference between 60 and 90hz and between 90 and 120hz. If we wouldn't offer 90Hz, then you wouldn't notice a big enough difference to create this thread. We were aware that we couldn't get 90Hz to look as good as 60 and 120hz before we started selling Zenfone 8 but decided to offer this possibility anyway contrary to what other manufacturers have done with phones that offers a 120hz AMOLED.

Would you rather have us remove 90Hz?

• Assolutamente no è comodissimo così, però era per capire come mai cambia tonalità quando passa a 90 hz.

• What did you conveyed here?

could you translate in English

• ZF8UserZF8User Level 2
    edited June 29

Alright, so I have managed to take a long exposure picture of a similar issue. (A lot of other people on XDA mentionned the same thing) It only happens with 60 and 120Hz modes, 90Hz is flawless. I have noticed that the effect is less pronounced in the 60Hz mode but it is still present. The picture is a bit exagerrated but it was the only way to show the effect visibly (it is also not purple but grey).

(this picture is with the more obvious 120Hz setting)

This discussion has been closed.