System: windows
Battery or AC: battery
Model: X571GT
Frequency of occurrence: Regular
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:error: FP sensor communication fail
the above error keeps popping out,due to which my fingerprint sensors are not properly functioning ,please do help me with this problem,also when i check device manager for the driver error,it says device is properly working,i also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers yet it is not working properly
12 REPLIES 12

ZT-b31b9786
Star II
device-manager-26-06-2021-19-38-33.png
screenshot-2021-06-26-185855.png
this is the error

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ZT-b31b9786

device-manager-26-06-2021-19-38-33.png

screenshot-2021-06-26-185855.png

this is the error

View post
is finger print sensor comes with your laptop..
if then means install the correct fingerprint sensor driver .
my laptop does not come with a fingerprint sensor. But I bought USB secureye fingerprint sensor and the driver is installed automatically from windows update..
normally ELan device driver comes with name Elan Smart Id fingerprint.
elan-jpg.jpg

ZT-b31b9786
Star II
thankyou for the response, my laptop has an inbuilt finger print sensor .The windows hello in the settings , recognises my finger print sensor but then when I log in to windows that is after restarting my laptop it does not recognise and start showing the previosly mentioned error
settings-27-06-2021-12-00-00.png
in settings it shows like this
elan-wbf-fingerprint-sensor-properties-27-06-2021-11-54-56.png
these are my driver information ,i do not know how to identify whether proper driver has been installed in my device

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ZT-b31b9786

thankyou for the response, my laptop has an inbuilt finger print sensor .The windows hello in the settings , recognises my finger print sensor but then when I log in to windows that is after restarting my laptop it does not recognise and start showing the previosly mentioned error

settings-27-06-2021-12-00-00.png

in settings it shows like this

elan-wbf-fingerprint-sensor-properties-27-06-2021-11-54-56.png

these are my driver information ,i do not know how to identify whether proper driver has been installed in my device

View post
do one thing , enable login with PIN option.
then uninstall the existing elan device driver completely from the device manager, restart windows os.
then log in to windows using password or PIN and then install elan fingerprint driver through windows update