This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overall satisfaction

new_user
Star II
after 2 factory reset's since i got this device, and a visit to the repair center, im starting to get annoyed by the experience of the software/hardware on this device. all i wanted was a phone that is fast with good camera good battery life and a headphone jack with good sound/DAC. on paper the ZP8 should deliver. in practice all i got is a brick oven. the thing gets HOT. heat is not a good sign for efficiency. i come from 2 OnePlus devices, an iphone 12 mini and i don't remember those units getting this hot this fast while moderately using them. im talking about just opening the camera app on video mode without recording,, the freaking device gets up to 50+ deg (soc)! and the heat is noticeable at the top of the device where the soc is located. try and make a phone call after that! also, ghost touches in pocket, fingerprint is absolutely not working properly. today after the firmware update the phone just crashed and rebooted randomly. screen doesn't wake up after i remove the phone away from my ear to end a call, i have to turn the screen on by pressing the power button, and many more bugs that may or may not been mentioned in this forum. i don't know if its an asus thing or android thing but its getting me frustrated. im going back to ios, please dont try and stop me... I'll be fine untill android 12... maybe...
8 REPLIES 8

new_user
Star II
Anders_ASUS

May I add that

1. Using the camera is much more performance/power demanding than people think. Heat-up and power drain is normal.
  2. We're looking into the possibility of disabling the fingerprint sensor with pocket mode
  3. I can't answer why your device crashed. Maybe a hardware issue? But you're welcome to post a video showing that the proximity sensor isn't working as intended

View post
thank you for your reply. I've been giving it a couple of days of breaking in after last update, and i think that battery life is way much better than before, for me at least. for the finger print, i use swipe up to wake after trying all other options.
i tried to recreate the problem with the proximity sensor, but in so obvious way the problem disappeared for some reason.

new_user
Star II
screenshot-20210626-003414769.jpg
not the complete list of apps but 6 hours of you tube is too much!

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Woow. Only WiFi? LTE or 3g?

new_user
Star II
daniel91m

Woow. Only WiFi? LTE or 3g?

View post
mostly wifi with lte in the background system modes is on dynamic