This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed in wifi

Dharun_raj
Star II
When i connect my asus rog phone 5 to my wifi, downlaod speed is not crossing more than 4 mbps but my upload speed is crossing 50 mbps. I have connected other mobiles to the same network they are reaching 50+ mbps for both download and upload. Then i have connected my laptop to same network via ethernet and created a hotspot ,when i connected my rog 5 to this hotspot network i don't see any issues with downlaod speed.

Kindly let me know if someone knows the solution for this issue.
9 REPLIES 9

shonameri5
Star I
Actaully it depends on your mobile version and software too but if you're getting 50 mbps speed on all's device but not on your asus device.
If it doesnt work then highly recommend you to must have check with customer service center . they'll guide you better and resolve the software or network coverage issue on your device.
Let me know if i can help you more?

Blukutuxxx
Star I
Change your wifi router channel width to 20MHz only, the problem is 40MHz and has not been solved even in the last update

Dharun_raj
Star II
Blukutuxxx

Change your wifi router channel width to 20MHz only, the problem is 40MHz and has not been solved even in the last update

View post
I'm having a 2.4 GHz router, can you kindly share me the complete settings for the router to fix this issue.

shonameri5
Star I
hey @dharun raj
Check this out - (https://www.pcmag. com/how-to/how-to-set-up-and-optimize-your-wireless-router-for-the-best-wi-fi-performance )