This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overall satisfaction

new_user
Star II
after 2 factory reset's since i got this device, and a visit to the repair center, im starting to get annoyed by the experience of the software/hardware on this device. all i wanted was a phone that is fast with good camera good battery life and a headphone jack with good sound/DAC. on paper the ZP8 should deliver. in practice all i got is a brick oven. the thing gets HOT. heat is not a good sign for efficiency. i come from 2 OnePlus devices, an iphone 12 mini and i don't remember those units getting this hot this fast while moderately using them. im talking about just opening the camera app on video mode without recording,, the freaking device gets up to 50+ deg (soc)! and the heat is noticeable at the top of the device where the soc is located. try and make a phone call after that! also, ghost touches in pocket, fingerprint is absolutely not working properly. today after the firmware update the phone just crashed and rebooted randomly. screen doesn't wake up after i remove the phone away from my ear to end a call, i have to turn the screen on by pressing the power button, and many more bugs that may or may not been mentioned in this forum. i don't know if its an asus thing or android thing but its getting me frustrated. im going back to ios, please dont try and stop me... I'll be fine untill android 12... maybe...
8 REPLIES 8

laci_kara
Rising Star I
You absolutely have a faulty device. Request an exchange. Happens with every brand. Make a choice that is good for You, be it iOS or else. The better is what You like better.
(I don't have those issues, heat is a thing with highend processors, performance has its cost. Don't expect cool phones in the 888 family. I often say mine will be good hand warmer at winter.)

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Welcome to new age of electronic. Release fast, fix software later. This is a new way, every company work like that. In EU we are lucky, because you can return item in 14 days when ordered online. I bought Oneplus 8T few months ago and it still had issues after half of the year from release. I return it.
Heat... 888 uses up 8W!!! That is a lot, smaller the phone more noticeable it is as it dissipates less heat. But that is just physics. Apple is a bit better with 5W, but that is still a lot for a small phone.
If you want cool phone with max performance, you need to look at gaming phones, not compact ones!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
May I add that
Using the camera is much more performance/power demanding than people think. Heat-up and power drain is normal.
We're looking into the possibility of disabling the fingerprint sensor with pocket mode
I can't answer why your device crashed. Maybe a hardware issue? But you're welcome to post a video showing that the proximity sensor isn't working as intended

cicagorio
Rising Star II
I really have to say I am pretty happy with the Zenfone 8 (coming from a pixel 3). Most of all I am glad that I see Asus trying to solve most of the problems that people seem to be complaining about, and tries to communicate with the users which is also very nice. It is not possible to catch all problems and issues before the release and I think this device is already better than 2 weeks ago when I bought it and it will keep getting better hopefully. It was the same story with my pixel 3. Bunch of problems on release, call problems, microphone problems, speakerphone problems, battery drain issues etc etc. As long as somebody is trying to fix (and making progress on) these issues, I am satisfied.