cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

Chris1
Rising Star II
Chris1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173217#Comment_173217

As i said by PM to Kris_ASUS, i think my issue is due to Orange FR, which have a "weird" implementation of VoLTE.

View post
I called Orange FR customer support this morning (5 hours ago), got a "second level" tech, who said he was reactivating VoLTE function on my line and that it could take 24-48h to be effective.
Just tested now, VoLTE is active again but i had to go to settings and uncheck the option and recheck again to regain the status bar logo and have it working.
Conclusion : 1) Orange Fr messed up, not the phone and 2) that's the only mobile phone that shows the status bar logo on Orange F.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Sim1

screenshot-20210623-174607045-281-29.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173231#Comment_173231

I don't have it. And also another guy on telegram group...

View post
Does "Chiamate tramite LTE: Disponible" mean Call over LTE : Available?
So it says you have it, but it does not work - or?

lasiczecielsko
Star II
I'm also experiencing erratic experience with VoLTE and VoWiFi in Orange PL. I contacted customer support after firmware upgrade and my number had this option disabled. After operator updated state, it was working for a lets say a day and stopped. I called support again and they confirmed VoLTE/WiFi options went to disabled state somehow. Operator performed something called "SIM reset" asked me to turn off phone for a minute or two. If it doesn't solve problem suggested to open support request.
I'm testing right now.
Weasel

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
lasiczecielsko

I'm also experiencing erratic experience with VoLTE and VoWiFi in Orange PL. I contacted customer support after firmware upgrade and my number had this option disabled. After operator updated state, it was working for a lets say a day and stopped. I called support again and they confirmed VoLTE/WiFi options went to disabled state somehow. Operator performed something called "SIM reset" asked me to turn off phone for a minute or two. If it doesn't solve problem suggested to open support request.

I'm testing right now.

Weasel

View post
That's interesting. I'll insert my SIM to LG G7 and check if VoLTE will work, maybe somehow it has been dosabled for my number as in your case 😉

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Strange things happened right now for me:
I've insert SIM to G7, VoLTE seemed that it didn't work. I have no setting to use only 4G network there but I had no info about LTE calls. What's more - WiFi calling worked well. I've called Orange support to ask if I have any ban for VoLTE/VoWiFi on my number and support member said that all is fine.
I've insert SIM back to ZF8, turned Network to only 4G and turned on VoLTE. While trying to call someone, call was disconnected immediately. I went back to network settings, changed network back to "2G/3G/4G" Then... VoLTE just turned on 😮 When I'll turn off VoLTE switch and I want to turn it on again, I need to change network type to 4G and back to 2G/3G/4G. -> That's why I think that omething is wrong with phone FW. I can use VoLTE now but after every network change I need to go in network settings and set it to 4G and then set to 2G/3G/4G...
WiFi Calling is still not working on ZF8 no matter what I'll do with switches. In this case it also looks that it's FW fault, as I have no ban from Orange on both services. I've tried to turn on Plane Mode with WiFi on, but then I can't go to call menu to turn on wificalling. Can this option be moved out of "SIM" menu? I was using WiFi Calling many times on LG devices when traveling to USA with plane mode turned on. That allowed me to avoid high costs of calls 😉
cc: @CH_ASUS @Kris_ASUS